Reload this Page >

Wengen in November?!

Search

Wengen in November?!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 04:02 PM
Angi Jackson

Wengen in November?!

Hello! I need some advice. I am planning a trip to Wengen in mid November. I can only find one hotel that is actually open during that time. My question is for anyone who has been to this area during the low season, would I be better off staying down in Interlaken or will Wengen still have enough going on that I will be able to travel easily and see the Jungfrau, etc.? I sure appreciate anyone's advice as this is my first time to Switzerland and I have obviously chosen the lowest of the low season!!!! Thanks a bunch!

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Bill

Surprised there's only one in Wengen. I thought there were a couple more. <BR> <BR>Weather is quite unpredictable in November. Some very good days. Some stormy ones as well, along with just plain old gray days. <BR> <BR>Nothing wrong with staying there. On a good day you'll awake to wonderful scenes. If it's not especially good you'll only be 48 minutes from Interlaken. <BR> <BR>A few more hotels in Grindelwald, though Wengen is to be preferred. And at least one hotel open in Murren which many would prefer above the others.

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Marianna

I stayed in Wengen in May, which is also considered the off season. We stayed at the Sunstar, which I seem to remember being open year round, it was fantastic. The cost included an amazing breakfast and dinner. Have to say though, there's not too much to do in Wengen in the off season expect to enjoy the outdoors.... if the weather permits. After a full days of hiking, I always enjoyed a couple of hours by the indoor pool and sauna. It was very easy to travel to other areas of Jungfrau if you need. The train stop is in the center of town. Hope that helps some. Enjoy.

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 05:00 PM
Angi

Thanks, Bill and Marianna for your input! It's most appreciated!- Angi

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 10:50 PM
Gar

hi there, <BR>agrees with Bill, the weather will not be on Your side at this time. Take a warm shirt and something against the rain. More hotels You will find at: <BR>http://www.wengen-muerren.ch/ <BR>they have good page in english too. <BR>have fun <BR>Gar

Old Sep 16th, 2001, 08:08 PM
Liv

In September 2000 we stayed 6 nights in Lauterbrunnen at Hotel Silberhorn which is in valley below Wengen. Had a great stay, beautiful view, spacious rooms, breakfast and dinner for $125 night. A 3-5 minute walk to train to Wengen, Murren, Shilthorn, Jungfrau and Interlaken allowing you to get out and about even in bad weather. I think open 12 months a year. Run by local family past 75 years. See wb page [email protected]

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 09:18 AM
topper

topping