Reload this Page >

CDG Taxi to 11th - 4 people?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Susan

There will be 4 of us arriving at CDG at about 12:30 p.m. I was planning on taking a taxi to our hotel in the 11rh arr. I am now hearing from people that I will have trouble finding a taxi that will handle all 4 of us (2 kids, 2 adults) and our bags. Is that the case? If it is I will need to book the airport shuttle so I would like to know in advance. Thanks for any help on this.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:58 AM
Fred

There are many. They're not all for 4 but there are lots of them now. When you get to the head of the line just make your need known. Shouldn't be any problem. You will pay a supplement for the 4th person. Just walk outside the terminal and get on the taxi line. Be sure they're the taxis with "Taxi Parisien" sign on the roof. For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 05:58 AM
Marj

We (also family of 4, my kids 8 & 11 at the time), had no problems getting a cab. We had 1 large suitcase and 2 smaller ones plus a couple of backpacks and a large carry-on tote bag.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 06:13 AM
Susan

So,<BR>If I have to pay a suppliment for the 4th person, and pay for luggage, doesn't it make more sense to get the airport shuttle?? Help!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Gretchen

The shuttle will cost about $20 each. The taxi will cost about $40-45 with the supplement and baggage charge. Maybe this will help you decide.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Christina

That info re supplements isn't very good without specifics. Yes, there is a supplement for a fourth person and per piece of baggage but it isn't that much, especially for the baggage. That is only .90 euros per piece (about US 80 cents). The fourth person supplement is 2.45 euros (about US$2). I would rather take a taxi myself instead of fooling with the shuttle (however, I don't believe they are near $20 per person, more like US$13), which I think will cost slightly more.