Reload this Page >

Wells or Leeds - Which is Best?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 09:43 AM
nancy

Going to Paris next month and wonder which guide to bring - Pat Wells "Food Lover's Guide to Paris" or Leeds "Good Value Guide to Paris Restaurants"? I appreciate any input on these two guides - accuracy and currentness especially. What's been your experience?

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 09:56 AM
Sheila

definitely one of the most misleading headers yet<BR><BR>Wells Cathedral or Leeds Cathedral-no question.<BR><BR>Who are these other people?

Old Dec 16th, 2000, 03:15 PM
boris

<BR>Nancy <BR> <BR>Which is the better? <BR> <BR>Not which is the best? <BR> <BR>The better is wells <BR> <BR>Boris

Old Dec 17th, 2000, 11:17 AM
nancy

Slap my hand. Guess I forgot the old saying "Good, better, best. Never let it rest til the good is better and the better is best." Right you are. Thanks for the direction toward Wells that was my inclination.

Old Dec 18th, 2000, 06:56 AM
Carol

Leeds is much better if you're really looking for inexpensive to moderately priced restaurants which are better than average in their price range. Wells is really not concerned about price and will certainly steer you to the best, not only restaurants but shops and markets as well. Hope this helps.

Old Dec 19th, 2000, 09:46 PM
susan

Just returned after the month of November in Paris, but have been there several times before. Leeds is a much better guide. We ate at about 12 recommendations, and liked them all. They were times that we wanted to go back to a previous restaurant, but decided to keep trying new ones, and were never disappointed. <BR>Also, as mentioned previously, Leeds is much more concerned with value. <BR>

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 01:16 AM
Peg

Another great value guide that I have used with much success is Sandra Gustafson's "Cheap Eats in Paris". Her recommendations are right on and I like the way the book is organized.

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 10:08 AM
Carol

Two other options--Zagat's now has a guide to Paris restaurants--check it out on www.zagats.com, and also check out TimeOut Paris on the web, they have very current restaurant recommendations.

Old Dec 20th, 2000, 10:09 AM
Carol

Two other options--Zagat's now has a guide to Paris restaurants--check it out on www.zagats.com, and also check out TimeOut Paris on the web, they have very current restaurant recommendations.