Weggis, Switzerland?

Sep 27th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Original Poster

Weggis, Switzerland?

Is anyone familiar with Weggis on Lake Lucerne? We are considering this hotel www.beaurivage-weggis.ch/ which looks lovely and is way more than we are used to spending. How is the town?

Also, with no air conditioning in late July, is this a mistake? We are from Florida, so we're used to heat--although we're also used to air conditioning! Thanks for any comments.
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:15 AM

Hi Cimbrone,

Yes, I stayed for about four days in Weggis in Nov 02 and really loved the lovely views from the village.

It's a really small village, though, with only a few restaurants and shops. So you ought to keep that in mind.

Here's a link to my "review" of the place (w/photos) on TA:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...80-Weggis.html

Good luck!

s
Sep 27th, 2007, 05:17 AM

We stayed in Weggis in May several years ago. Beautiful.
Stayed at the Hotel Albana.
Sep 28th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Took a boat trip from Lucerne to Weggis. Very small, very quiet..too far from the action for me. Could be nice if you're wanting a sabbatical kind of visit...
Sep 28th, 2007, 12:06 PM

Cimbrone,
I grew up near Weggis. It is a picturesque town. If you like hiking, get up the Rigi mountain. (There are also great hiking path on top of the mountain.) A cog railway brings you to the top. Don't forget to take a steamboat trip on Lake Lucerne! Lucerne is definetly worth a trip.
Sep 28th, 2007, 12:14 PM

Was in Weggis last weekend and saw the outside of your hotel and remarked to my husband that it looked very charming. Right on the lake... beautiful views. We actually spent the day just down the road in Vitznau which is about as picturesque as you can get - yes it's quiet and no nightlife but lots of great walking/hiking views that are breathtaking and for action take the ferry to Luzerne for museums, shopping etc...