Weekendafirenze.com advance tickets?

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 08:33 PM
Stephen

Weekendafirenze.com advance tickets?

Hi, has anyone recently purchased reserved tickets for the Uffizi or Accademia thru this website. I seem to recall some past concerns with this service in prior posts. Any info would be appreciated. Thnaks.
Stephen

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 11:54 AM
Erika

I hope the service is OK, I just ordered tickets for the Uffizi and Accademia through their website about 10 minutes ago. I'll keep you posted as to how it turns out.

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 02:30 PM
Suzanne

what is the E-mail address?

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 02:35 PM
Beth

Suzanne,
the website is http://www.waf.it/musei.htm

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 04:05 AM
elaine

I used that service a year ago and I know several other posters on this Fodors site have used it--I don't recall any complaints, except it sometimes takes them several days to confirm the order.

For the Uffizi, you can also order directly with no service charge. Just call the reservation
office at the Uffizi; their number is 39 (0)55-294883. They
will ask you what day and time you want and will give you
a reservation number which you must have when you claim your ticket at the museum. It's really simple and
doesn't cost anything extra (except of course for the phone call). They speak english.

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 12:34 PM
Paul

I used them last year for the Uffizi and Accademia. They give you a confirmation number on your PC screen, which you must write down, as you'll need it when you get to Florence - it's how they find your tickets. Definately take down the info as to which door you're supposed to go to. The service worked great - only problems are the glares you get from those poor folks who've stood in line for hours, only to see you admitted in 5 minutes !!

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 01:28 PM
David

Stephen:
We used the service in late May and got right into the Uffizi. The tickets were waiting for us when we got there; no problem. (felt that it was a little overkill at the time as there was no line at 1 o'clock on the day we happened to be there.
Also; you I and have communicatred in the past about Hotel Riva in Venice. I have a restaurant suggestion for you in Venice. it is Al Mascaron at Calle Lunga Maria Formopsa 5225. It's a short walk from the Riva. Wonderful seafood. It appears to be very popular. I knew about it from a relative who went there several years earlier. The hotel had a business card for the restaurant. hope you have a good time and if I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 04:30 PM
Vicki

Dear Stephen: We just returned from a trip to Europe and spent 3 days in Florence. We just had our hotel make the reservations for us, for the Uffizi, for the very next morning! We paid an extra $3 for the service, which is probably less than the phone call from the states. We talked to people who were of the impression that you had to make reservations several days in advance. I think they hold open a certain number of reservations for the local hotels. Thanks, Vicki

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 05:06 PM
Stephen

Thanks David, we have reserved the Riva. Thanks for the restaurant tip.