Search

week in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 05:37 PM
Steve

week in Sweden

I am attending my friend's wedding east of Malmo and have 7 days afterwards to roam the country. I am thinking Stockholm to Gotenberg to Malmo to Copenhagen. Any suggestions?

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 02:13 PM
James

Dont sweat it. Keep an open mind and have fun.

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 03:39 PM
Boots

Your choices are good, but save most of your time for Stockholm and Copenhagen which have a lot more to offer than the other two. It would take quite a bit of time to get to Gothenburg, and I'm not sure it is worth the time. It will also take some time to get to Stockholm, but it is worth it. Search the Web for the cities; that should help you make up your mind. Boots

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 05:21 PM
Sarah

If sunny out, spend all your time in Copenhagen! A beautiful city with tons of things to see and do. Nyhavn Canal, the Queens Winter House, Tivoli and of course just wandering the cobblestone streets! I spent 6 months in Denmark as an exchange student and am now thinking of moving there!

Old May 11th, 2000, 02:15 AM
Wasa the swede

I think your schedule is very rushed <BR>Pick two of them.. <BR>Copenhagen and Stockholm would be my choice <BR> <BR>

Old May 22nd, 2000, 08:35 AM
cecilia

My vote would go to Stockholm and Copenhagen as a second choice. In the summer Stockholm is so beautiful surrounded by water and islands. You'll have pleanty to do vising museums and art galleries(or clubs and music venues if that's more to your liking!) and exploring all the exciting bars and restaurants. You'll find the best ones in the part of town called "Sodermalm" You definately have to take a boat trip out into the archipelago as well. There are tons of different day trips or you can even stay over night on the small islands. On weekends it's very popular to take a short boat ride out to some of the closest islands where they have bars and restaurants.You have a great dinner and a beer just on the waterfront.The water is crystal clear so you can swim anywhere. You can get the best out of Stockholm in 2 days if you're short of time and then you can drive to Copenhagen and take in Gothenburg on the way. It's a 6 hour drive from Sthlm to Gothenburg.The trip from Malmo to Stockholm will take you a full day by car (around 8 hours driving) or around 5-6 hours by train.