Reload this Page >

Websites for Reservations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Annie

Hi every one,<BR><BR>I'm looking for alternative websites to book hotels and airline tickets. The Ones that I normally use are these:<BR><BR>travelocity.com<BR>expedia.com<BR>pr iceline.com<BR>hotwire.com<BR>HRS.com (Hotel Reservation Service)<BR>hotel.com<BR>frommers.com (I only use this one to read the reviews)<BR>cheaptickets.com (This one is relatively good)<BR>cheapfares.com<BR>bestfares.com (To get the good fares, you need to be a member)<BR><BR>So, I was wondering if other people know of better websites. I know there are quite a few good websites for UK. But I live in the US (Boston).<BR>I'm currently planning my trip to Europe in January. I'm trying to find a website that has a big listing of hotels in Europe.<BR>Oh, I may decide to go to England or Ireland or Italy/Switzerland or Austria. I greatly appreciate any information that you want to share with me.<BR><BR>Thank You,<BR><BR>Annie<BR><BR>

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 06:18 AM
mark

Annie try ebookers.com<BR><BR>regards <BR><BR>mark <BR>parishuttle<BR>

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 08:33 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Leslie

For hotels in the UK, I like both:<BR><BR>www.hotel-assist.com<BR>www.smoothounds.co.uk<BR><BR>For Italy accomodations:<BR><BR>www.venere.it<BR>www.itwg.co m<BR><BR>For air tickets, try some of these:<BR><BR>www.orbitz.com<BR>www.trip.com<BR>ww w.qixo.com<BR>www.flightcentre.com

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Annie

Mark and Leslie, thanks. Great websites!

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 02:49 PM
Elizabeth

hoteldiscount.com<BR><BR>easyjet.com (airline site, but apparenty GOOD for hotels. just read someone's report about finding a room in Amsterdam in booked-up period, tested it myself, looks good.)<BR><BR>I've been pleased with hoteldiscount.com<BR><BR>I'd warn you about 11th hour travel, which isn't on your list. They might be okay if they have what they offer, but I had trouble with them when I tried to book a particular package: they asked for my credit card number telling me nothing would be charged without my approval; there wasn't room in the place I wanted to go to, they offered me something I didn't want, I said no, they charged me anyhow and didn't remove the charge until I got American Express on it.<BR><BR>Sorry to ramble off topic a bit. I'll post this story on its own sometime soon.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Lesli

Hotels:<BR>laterooms.com (best for UK - late notice discounts)<BR>lastminute.com (ditto, but w/dates further out)<BR>londontown.com (London, obviously)<BR>venere.it (best for Italy, but does have other countries as well)<BR><BR>

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Lesli

Forgot about flights:<BR>flights.com<BR>onetravel.com<BR>econom ytravel.com<BR>justfares.com<BR>flightcentre.com<B R>airlineconsolidator.com<BR>europebyair.com (flights within Europe)<BR>flightcoordinators.com<BR><BR>More hotels:<BR>hotels-shopper.com (compare rates at same hotel from different bookers)<BR>