Reload this Page >

Website for Ordering Clothes Made for Traveling

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 11:07 AM
Sue

Hi, would like any websites for that have catalogs for odering clothes, shoes, etc. made just for traveling. Thanks.

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 11:27 AM
Beth

try www.travelsmith.com. they seem to have some pretty nice stuff.

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 01:20 PM
pam

rei.com; magellans.com; llbean.com <BR> <BR>also look for a tilley's site <BR>

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 07:40 PM
Barbara

<BR>Sue, <BR> <BR>When I went to Italy two years ago, virtually everything in my suitcase was from Travelsmith. They specialize in non-wrinkling, pack-efficient clothing that layers well. Highly recommend you try them, but allow enough time as sometimes they don't ship quickly due to backorder situations. The microfiber raincoat with button-in lining is one of the most practical and versitile things I've ever owned. Machine wash and dry, simply won't wrinkle, looks and feels classy. I wear it year round. Also, the insulated t-shirts they sell are fantastic for layering without bulk. Great packing aids too.

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 08:52 PM
Donna

Travelsmith and Magellans both offer fabulous clothing and accessories for traveling. I think the clothing, however, looks a bit too "functional". You may wish to also try Lands End and L. L. Bean. Both have websites. But, you really don't need special travel clothes. It's best to assemble a wardrobe of "layers" made of easy care/wrinkle free fabrics where everything matches everything else.

Old Mar 10th, 1999, 11:36 PM
Nuba

I just ordered some things from TravelSmith ... I picked out clothes that I know I will wear all the time, not just while traveling. I hate to iron (and am bad at it) so their wrinkle free stuff appeals to me! <BR> <BR>Two day delivery is available for a mere 3.95 in addition to the normal shipping and handling fee. <BR> <BR>