Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know about any of these hotels in Rome?

Mar 8th, 1999, 03:44 PM
Richard

I am visiting Rome in May and need a nice inexpensive hotel around $150 a night. Has anyone been to any of these hotels?

Hotel Due Torri
Hotel Marcus
St. Moritz
Hotel Colosseum
Hotel Sant'Angelo
Hotel Diplomatic
Hotel Julia
Hotel Rinascimento
Albergo Regno
Genio Hotel

Hopefully I can find something with decent size rooms, a good bathroom and a convenient location in a good neighborhood. Of course it wouldnt hurt if it was clean! Is that too much to ask?

Any other recommendations would be appreciated!

Mar 8th, 1999, 06:15 PM
Nora Long

Saw your post. While I've not heard of any of the hotels you mention I was just there in November at stayed at the Hotel Sistina on Via Sistina (great location near the Via Veneto). Nice hotel with nice rooms with big bathrooms. I can't remember what we spent. I think it was 300,000L for a triple room. They've got a website. I believe it's www.hotelsitaly.com/rome/sistina
Hope this helps you.

Mar 8th, 1999, 07:29 PM
Michael

Hi Richard.....

I was just there in November also. I've never heard of any of the hotels you mentioned but I stayed at what was considered a 3 star hotel called "Hotel Firenze Roma". It was clean with a decent size room and bathroom. I believe the room cost us (in November) about the equivelent of $100 for a double. It was centrally located and included a continental breakfast. They're located at Via Due Macelli,106 and their number is (011-390)679 72 40.
Good luck. hope this helps.

Mar 8th, 1999, 09:12 PM
John

I stayed last May at the Hotel Bel Soggiorno (fax 06/48-15-755) and liked it.It is clean and a good bathroom. We had 4 in a room for 220,000L. It is well located near Termini and the Metro at Via Torino 117. It has a nice rooftop terrace that is a great place to relax or take a sandwich for a cheap lunch.

Mar 10th, 1999, 09:50 AM
Margaret

I am not familiar with the hotels listed but we stayed at the D'Este in the fall of 1997 and it was in the $150 price range, nice, and a good location

Mar 11th, 1999, 01:10 AM
Denise

Hi Richard,

I stayed in the Regno Hotel formerly the old Kingdom of Italy library last October and it was great. Large bathroom, two large beds, great breakfast room with terrace, very helpful and pleasant staff (a bit different to our other hotel which is not on your list by the way) and in an extremely central location. On Via del Corso about 5minute walk to Pantheon and even less to Trevi. We walked to St Peters from here also with great ease. Very clean. Denise