Reload this Page >

Web Sites-Travel Deals

Search

Web Sites-Travel Deals

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 05:15 AM
Joe

Web Sites-Travel Deals

I am beginning my search for a 2001 trip (not sure of destinations). One thing I noticed this summer, after my trip was already booked, was the number of sites that offer e-mail programs where you are e-mailed every week with their "Travel Deals". Aside from the e-savers offer by the airlines, I'm trying to compile a list of web sites that offer these types of e-mail programs. I recently changed jobs and lost my bookmarked list. I'm hoping that by next summer I will be able to use this type of program instead of booking something over the winter and then find I am kicking myself by the end of June because of all the "deals" that are out there. Has anyone used this method over the past few years? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 05:44 AM
Diane

Try Expedia.com. It's very reliable and efficient with many different choices. Good luck!

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 05:51 AM
herself

I have used Go-Today.com and have found some good deals. I usually check the site once a week. Good luck

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 10:16 AM
Diane

Forgot to mention Smartliving.com. Also, Concierge.com

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 10:22 AM
Diane

Sorry...make that Smarterliving.com.

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 01:18 PM
Lesli

With all respect to Fodor's, Frommer's sends out a daily newsletter via e-mail that often alerts me to travel bargains I might not have found on my own: www.frommers.com (They also have "Budget Europe" and "Hot Tickets" sections on their site which I've looked at but found less helpful.) I subscribe to Smarter Living, check go-today, and sites for well-priced packages to specific countries, such as www.francevacations.net and www.frenchexperience.com for France. Have "fare watchers" set up for my favorite destinations on both my "My Yahoo" page and Expedia. The latter have been consistently useful in at least getting the ball rolling when I've seen a good fare. (I then check consolidator fares on-line and w/my travel agent to see if I can do any better.) <BR> <BR>That said, if you are traveling in peak summer season, and trying to plan fairly far in advance, you may not find many deals, regardless. Most bargains are either for the off/shoulder season, or for unsold "short-notice" travel. Good luck!