Reload this Page >

Web sites for airlines

Search

Web sites for airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 03:23 PM
Sara

Web sites for airlines

Does anybody have any web sites that they use for airline prices? I am trying to price a one-way ticket to Rome but I only know one web site. Thanks!

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 04:04 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Sara <BR> <BR>Ran across a pretty good listing of <BR>airlines on www.fortunecity.com/ <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, Il... <BR>Also search in Yahoo for airlines, <BR>ALITALIA, DELTA are some that fly <BR>direct, and others such as SWISSAIR, <BR>LUFTHANSA, AIRFRANCE thru their hubs. <BR>rjv

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 06:23 PM
JohnC

Check expedia.com. You can search for flights on a given date and it will give you a list sorted by price. virtually all airlines are covered

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 07:00 PM
steve

http://www.air-fare.com/home.htm <BR> <BR>This site posts many fares and updates you on the daily changes. I found this site to be very helpful. <BR> <BR>Steve

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 08:28 PM
Rex

Microsoft (Expedia) is not the only tool EVERY Europe traveler needs to have handy in one's armementarium. www.travelocity.com is important too. <BR> <BR>and price a ONE-WAY ticket? <BR> <BR>Don't forget to price the roundtrip - - the cost of throwing away the return is ZERO. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex

Old Jan 27th, 2000, 02:43 AM
s.fowler

My travel agent informed me when I tried that that if the airlines catch you at the "toss the return flight" stunt, you will be charged for the full oneway fare. This is a new policy in the last couple of years. [She doesn't get more either way.] I'd be interested in other people's reports on this.

Old Jan 27th, 2000, 08:17 AM
Rex

I don't think that collecting extra would ever work in the airlines favor, and I wonder if they have EVER actually done it. <BR> <BR>It just doesn't stand up to the "reasonable man" test one hears about as a general principle in law. <BR> <BR>Nevertheless, it could be worthwhile to take certain defensive steps if one ever did have the actual need to do this (I for one have never bought a one-way trip to any other continent). Pay cash or cancel the credit card used to buy the ticket as soon as the outbound leg is completed. <BR> <BR>And last of all, fly a million miles or so, over a lifetime. Airlines have records that point out what a good customer you've been over time. I don't believe that being a no-show on a return flight will be grounds for alienating a long-time customer by trying to collect some additional fees for a so-called one-way fare. <BR> <BR>Maybe corporations pay these ridiculous one-way fares (and shame on them for wasting the shareholders' money if they do!) <BR> <BR>Rex