Weather in Spain

Oct 15th, 2000, 07:26 AM
Lane Mabray

Weather in Spain

Hi,
I would like some info on what the WEATHER will be like in SPAIN in DECEMBER. I will be going to Madrid, Sevilla, Granada, & Cadiz. Perhaps even a website that makes this easy to look up in advance. I tried rainorshine.com, but could only get the next 5 days. I need to plan a wardrobe so please HELP!!!
Leilanie

Oct 15th, 2000, 07:49 AM
Maira

Lane--- Try http://www.worldclimate.com. When you enter the city name, this site shows, not only the average hi-lows temperature per month, but the average precipitation (rain/snow days).

For Spain, do not forget dark or gray wool lined jackets. Black pants are also a must. You may want to buy shoes in Spain. They are fabulous.

Oct 15th, 2000, 07:55 AM
Maira

Lane--- a quick addendum to my previous note: you may need to enter the city name in the language of the country, i.e. Sevilla instead of Seville, etc. For Seville, December temps should be lower 50's (hi) to upper 40's (lows).

Oct 17th, 2000, 08:49 AM
Christine

Lane,

Madrid is likely to be COLD (They have a saying there "Nueve meses de invierno y tres de infierno" (Nine months of winter and three of hell). Seville, Granada and Cadiz should be warmish as they are in the south. They could however, be cold. In winter there are sometimes waves of cold air which bring the temperatures down over all of Spain. You are unlikely to be wearing t-shirts at that time of year.

Oct 17th, 2000, 09:10 AM
Henry Higgins

The Rain in Spain Falls Mainly on the Plain