weather in london thanks giving week

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 11:44 AM
joe

weather in london thanks giving week

WHAT is approriet attire for london in november?<BR>

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Dave

Expect it to be wet with dry spells, and cool with occasional periods of warmth.<BR><BR>Of course, if you're lucky it will be dry with wet spells and warm with occasional periods of cold.<BR><BR>(This is a serious answer, BTW)

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Sheep

Wool.<BR>

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Wayne

For the most part, the weather in London in late November will be cool---never warm. High temperatures might be in the 50's or low 60's; lows in the mid to low 40's typically. <BR><BR>Take some kind of rain-repellent topcoat or lightweight raincoat. Also take a water-repellent jacket. Other than that, have an umbrella handy at all times. <BR><BR>I've been in London in November a few times and have found it to be reasonably pleasant. Hope you do too.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Cathy

In London for thanksgiving, Canadian thanksgiving is in October. We find that layering clothes is the best way, remember to wear good footwear, and cotton socks. We love it.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Kate

As an ex-Londoner, I would definitely second the layers approach. There is no way of predicting the London weather.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 08:22 PM
Nigel Doran

I think you will be surprised as to how humid it is. It is not tropical, steamy humid, but there is a lot of moiture in the air nevertheless. Tubes and buses can also be verywarm even if it is cool outside, so be prepared for that. Layers are good, but really you will not need more than a T-shirt, cardigan/jumper and jacket/coat in late November.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 11:00 PM
trying to

to translate for our American friends - a jumper is a sweater, not a ladies sleeveless dress.