weather in Brittany in September

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning the trip to Brittany in the beginning of September.
I wonder if it will still warm to enjoy beach and swimming?
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Olemarin, I was in Brittany last September and I could say its not that warm for swimming or beach. While we were there it rained continuosly for 72 hours.

Bea
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 03:02 PM

Consider that September is a changeable month and you could have warm, more summerlike temps or you could have cooler more fall like temps or just average temps (which would probably be in the 60's). You can't predict what the weather will be like but in general early September should be mild. The water temps in northern Brittany are likely to be cooler than the temps in southern/western Brittany. The warmest water temps in Brittany would likely be found in southern/western Brittany near The Gulf of Morbihan.

If you are from a part of the world that has cold ocean temps (like where I'm originally from) and are used to swimming in such temps then a place like the Gulf of Morbihan may be warm enough for you to go swimming in early September. Whereas if you are from a tropical climate you probably wouldn't stick your toe in the water. Since I'm used to cold water if the air temp in Brittany in early September were at least 70°F I would venture into the water without hesitation in any part of Brittany. Even if you don't swim and you just want to enjoy the beach the average temps in early September should be warm enough for that. But don't expect hot weather by any means. That would be unusual in early September but certainly not impossible.
Old Dec 16th, 2010, 03:27 AM

Hello Olemarin

The answer from FranchMystiqueTours is very complete. The sea in the South is a bit warmer than North, but don't forget it's the Atlantic coast, not the Mediterranean Sea However, you have to distinguish the weather from the sea temperature. As far as the weather is concerned, September is, usually, a good time to visit Brittany, up to mid of October, especially if you go to the Western part (Finistere). It's probably the best time to visit Brittany, with the Spring period. Autumn is usually warmer and dryer than August for instance and this year we had 31 degrees Celcius (89 F.) in May...

Have a nice holiday in Brittany.

Kenavo