weather in Alsace

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Diane

weather in Alsace

Will be driving from Brugge to Alsace in June, spending four or five days in each. Will we need an air-conditioned car? Hertz is offering only non-air-conditioned autos for the reservation we're holding.

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 05:35 PM
Nat

I would get air conditioning . . . I was in Alsace in July some years back and found it hot at times--high 80's. Even if it does not get that hot, AC is a nice thing to have just in case the car gets stuffy and you are driving on a fast road and you don't want the wind to blow your face off! Also, I think it is ridiculous for a car rental company to only offer you a non-AC car when almost every new car today has it! Stop and see Strasbourg if you can--it is a beautiful city! Have a wonderful time!

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 07:51 PM
Lynne

Hi: <BR>We were in Alsace last July and it was <BR>cold and rainy - so cold and rainy we <BR>drove into Germany on Bastille Day to <BR>buy warmer clothes! If this year's <BR>weather is similar you definately do <BR>not need air-conditioning! <BR> <BR>We used Kayserberg and Obernai as bases <BR>and wandered for a week - a lovely part <BR>of France!

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 10:08 PM
elisabeth

You'll be fine without air conditioning. Bring an umbrella. It rains two out of every three days in Belgium. I also lived near alsace for two years and I don't remember warm weather being much of a problem. Have a great trip!

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 04:25 PM
StCirq

I can't imagine needing AC in Alsace in June unless you are exceedingly fussy about temperature. It can be downright cold in Alsace in June and rarely gets what I would call hot until August. <BR> <BR>