Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > We are looking for a really good Croatia Atlas

We are looking for a really good Croatia Atlas

May 15th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

We are looking for a really good Croatia Atlas

DH and I are off to Croatia in November. We will be visiting southern Dalmatia, as well as driving to Mostar. We are looking for a really good Croatia atlas, but can't seem to find any in the bookstores. DH is hesitant about waiting until we arrive to buy an Atlas. Any recommendations on which Atlas to use and where we can buy it?

Thanks!
Tracy
May 15th, 2006, 03:33 PM

An atlas or a road map? Michelin has one of ex-Yugoslavia.
May 15th, 2006, 04:44 PM

We were there in Sept. 2004 and looked for a road atlas. They were available for Zagreb but not the country as a whole or for regions. However, large road maps, both of the country and regions, were available everywhere.
May 15th, 2006, 06:25 PM
jefftkeller

Michelin has recently released a Croatia map - #757. I got mine from Amazon.com but you could also check www.viamichelin.com. It also has this address: Michelin Travel Publications, Hannay House, 39 Clarendon Road, Wartford Herts WD17 1JA. I am planning to use it on my trip in September and it includes quite a bit of Bosnia Herz.

May 16th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your help! Yes, its a road map that I need. Sorry!!

Michael, funny you mentioned that because I was buying some guidebooks on amazon.com and came across that one so I decided to go for it.

jefftkeller, thank you for the information. I'm going to research the map right now. And dcdee, thanks for the info! DH is nervous enough about driving in Croatia so he would really like to get a good map before we leave.

Thanks again!
Tracy
May 16th, 2006, 06:09 PM

The toll road leading from the Zagreb area to the coast has been extended in sections and the newest part was not shown on the map which I purchased in Croatia during our trip. I think it has been extended further since we were there, so if Michelin has released a new map, that would be a good choice if you're going to be in that area.

If you're only going to cover the Split-Dubrovnik area, it won't affect you.

Search this Thread