Reload this Page >

Was there a time when you just wished

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Selena

your vacation was over and you could go home?

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 12:13 PM
nonombre

Yes, when I was married. He could turn any trip into a nightmare. At home, you can escape alot of easier.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 12:29 PM
mary

nonombre....<BR>that is too funny...

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 01:24 PM
sick

Yep-the time that I got food poisoning.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Marilyn

Often have moments like that (especially if not feeling well) but they always pass and don't seem to stop me from wanting to take the next trip. I sometimes wonder if I will ever lose the lust to travel.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Patrick

Not exactly, but I do remember boarding a plane in San Jose, California to fly home to Florida with two changes of plane along the way. I had to be at the airport at 5:30 in the morning and I had the worst flu I've ever had in my life. I remember getting onto the plane, curling up in my seat and praying the plane would crash so I wouldn't have to go through with that day!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 02:34 PM
Susan

We just got back from a driving vacation from Toronto to Nova Scotia / New Brunswick. This was our first 'road trip' and overall went fine - I drove part of the time, but my husband (who is hopeless with directions and drives much faster than me on the highway) really prefers me to navigate. Anyway, we had a wonderful trip and had planned to spend our last 2 nights in the Eastern Townships outside of Montreal. It was raining Friday afternoon as we drove through the White Mountains and I really just wanted to be home. (I was driving for a change, so it wasn't very relaxing.) I had booked our B&B over the net, and I thought that if it wasn't nice, we'd just head home - that's what I really wanted to do. Well, surprise - the place was a wonderful old home built in 1795, with fabulous 3 course breakfasts and an 8 course dinner Saturday night. The sun was out Saturday morning and I was thrilled to stay until Sunday when we drove back home to Toronto. Now I'm back at work and already planning the next trip.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 07:44 PM
zash

No matter where or when in Europe, I always get a little homesick. When I arrive home I thrilled and happy.

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:05 PM
xxx

Once and in one of the nicest places to be-Rome. When my husband is overtired he gets really cranky over small things and everyone gets blasted. It was our first day in Rome after spending three days in London. Since his mood was so lousy we wasted half the day in the hotel room. I wished at the time I could just go back home. However, he came around, luckily, and everything turned out ok.

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 03:30 AM
Kay

No, never, to be honest. I'm usually thinking at the end of a trip, how can I stay on longer? Of course, it doesn't happen and I get on that plane and go back home to work (and reality).<BR>Kay

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:16 AM
sandi

My very first European trip to Italy. It should have been the most wonderful trip of my life, if it wasn't for my travel partner. She, a world-traveler, turned out to be the most hateful, spiteful person who could turn on you and make you fell horrible. If I hadn't been in that strange foreign land, nervous about the language barrier and my minimal money situation I would have left her after the first few days. But I didn't and she made the trip hell. The amazing thing, through all of that..I still got the Italy bug and went back the following year.