Help with HOTEL in PARIS for FAMILY OF 4

Sep 17th, 2002, 07:58 AM
aNDY

Help with HOTEL in PARIS for FAMILY OF 4

Help I need a nice hotel in Paris-somewhere near the Lourve for a family of four that is reasonable, with good cafes nearby--

travelling with a 20 yr old and 16 yr old-

Help!

Sep 17th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Liz

Any chance the kids are the same sex? If so, I would get them their own room. Everyone will be happier, and having 2 bathrooms is a big help.

I know this has been asked before, so do a text search if the above isn't an option.

Sep 17th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Pat

I recently stayed at a very nice small hotel with my two teen daughters. It was in the Latin Quarter across the bridge from Notre Dame and not too far to walk to the Louvre. Lots of eating places nearby. It was the Hotel du College de France. If you would like details feel free to email me.

Sep 17th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Lori

With kids that age I'd get two rooms, as the other poster just said you'd have 2 bathrooms which is a godsend when traveling with family. Hotel rooms tend to be small in Paris so 4 adults in one room is going to be very tight and uncomfortable for all. Many hotels have connecting rooms too if that's a concern. I think kids that age would welcome the privacy too. It depends on the budget of course, but I'd rather have 2 rooms in a 2** hotel then one in a more expensive place. We've stayed at the Relais Bosquet (in 7th ARR) and they have connecting rooms as we saw some families staying there.

Sep 17th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Fred

If you want 4 in a room near Louvre, check out:
3 stars:
Hotel du Piemont - 22, rue de Richelieu
Montpensier - 12, rue de Richelieu
Tonic Hotel du Louvre - 12, rue de Roule

2 stars:
Richelieu - 20, rue Moliere
Washington Opera - 50, rue de Richelieu
For more Paris information e-mail me: [email protected]

Sep 17th, 2002, 03:05 PM
bill

We always enjoy staying at Citadines apartment hotels. For the money they are an excellent choice. Their website is www.citadines.com.

Sep 17th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Michele

We also just stayed at the Citadines - Opera Vendome which was centrally located between the Opera and Madeline. The General Manager and all other employees made our stay so comfortable

While walking to the Lourve, we did pass another Citadines Apart-hotel.

Reservations are made over the internet and your credit card is not charged until your check-in afternoon.

http://www.citadines.com/uhot/frparve0.htm

Sep 17th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Michele

Oops. The web site link I gave above was just for the Citadines location we stayed at. Below is the web site link for all their locations.

http://www.citadines.com/uapa/apalist0.htm

Sep 17th, 2002, 11:16 PM
Andy

thanks everyone-

Keep em coming--decided on 2 rooms unless a fabulous apt.in a terrific location (which arrondisment)-ie,near the Louvre or where-came to someone's mind...

Kids are 2 girls-no problem with 2 in a room--

Want good safe location,close to museums,good but not outrageous cafes and restaurants,and near the tube...

Keep with more suggestions-

When I went a couple of years ago, I stayed at the Intercontinental near the Place Vendome- I LOVE that area but feel $250 pn x 2 is OUTRAGEOUS when travelling with kids-- Plus the hotel room was the size of a small walk-in closet.

All help will be most appreciated!

Sep 18th, 2002, 12:02 AM
Sandy

May I recommend the hotel de L'Arcade?
http://www.hotel-arcade.com/
this is very nice, family-run hotel in an excellent location. The people are wonderful. Check out their rates, starting at ?147 for a double. Spacious rooms, unusual for Paris. I have snet many people there, and theya all loved it.

Sep 18th, 2002, 08:15 PM
ttt

ttt

Sep 18th, 2002, 10:39 PM
de polignac

the hotel name is st andrea,rue st bon,in paris 2,near the beaubourg centre,it's a ** star hotel comfy,clean,prices wise not as expensive as all the others,try speaking a bit of french youll see that people become a lot nicer"je ne parle pas francais,parlez vous anglais?"

Sep 19th, 2002, 05:02 AM
Debbie

Its been a few years but the Hotel Brighton is right across from the Tuileries;a block from the Louvre,etc. It is on the Rue du Rivoli near the Place du Vendome.They have a breakfast every morning with the largest bathrooms I have ever seen in a foreign hotel.Our family loves the area as it is close to everything. The last time that we stayed there they had a family room(big bedroom and bath and a connecting smaller room with two twin beds.It is a true Paris hotel but we have always enjoyed it and the location. They were supposed to be updating all their rooms a year ago?You can walk everywhere from there-husband loves walking the Seine early in the morning,picnic lunches across the street in the Tuileries,etc.(The Hotel Meurice which is a couple doors down is where all of the top German generals stayed during WW2-a quick bit of history for all....thankful that one of those generals had studied in Paris before the war so when Hitler ordered Paris to be burned completely he could not do it and overruled Hitler's orders!)

Sep 19th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Andy

Debby- The Brighton SOUNDS perfect- EXACT location that I love-
Now I will try to get 2 rooms!!

Many thanks for your help!!

Sep 20th, 2002, 12:57 AM
Andy

OK everyone- BACK to step one- HOTEL is booked--

NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS OF GOOD HOTELS near Louvre,Place Vendome,Tuilleries from PEOPLE who have been recently-

I am driving myself nuts looking on line-have no idea when the particular hotel sites have been updated-and don't want ragged nasty rooms with thin walls and bad decor..

Help again,please.....................

Sep 20th, 2002, 03:07 AM
belinda

Try the Hotel Millesime in the St Germain area. It's within walking distance of the Louvre, Notre Dame, and Musee D'Orsay. Good area with cafes, restaurants and shopping close by. I liked the hotel. It is small and friendly. The superior double ran us about 180 Euro.

Sep 20th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Aline

I'm not sure when you all are visiting Paris, but it appears to be soon. If that's so, it will be difficult to secure a reservation at this time as Paris is pretty busy in October. I suggest the Best Western Hotels International website. I just checked and input a few dates for October and requested two rooms with two adults in each room. I checked a couple of their properties that are in the 7th district, Hotel Derby Eiffel and Hotel Derby Alma and these had availability. But I don't know if you are interested in staying in the 7th dist. They have other hotels in different locations.

Sep 20th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Andy

To everyone helping-

We need reservations for Xmas to New years for this year- party of 4--need 2 rooms-PARIS