Reload this Page >

WARNING: Herend Porcelain Budapest Fraud

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 09:59 AM
Judy

I went to Budapest for the first time last month. Because Herend Porcelain costs about half as much in Hungary as it does in the U.S., I thought I would buy it there. Fodor's suggested a store near the main street. It didn't have what I wanted, so I went to the duty free shop at the airport. Not only were their prices 30% MORE than the store in town, but the staff more than implied that every Herend store in Budapest carried fakes. I was so disgusted that I bought nothing. It seems to me that FODOR's <BR>should warn its readers about the duty free store at the airport. Also, I would hope that Herend would also be interested in avoiding bad PR such as this posting will give it. <BR> <BR>Reminds of the time I was in Prague when the English language paper told tourists about some Prague bars and restaurants that had signs on the wall in Czech that said, "If you can read this, your cost is ...." <BR> <BR>Makes you wonder if Eastern Europe will ever <BR>fit into the free world.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 01:33 PM
eva

Buy Herend porcelain ONLY in the factory's shops.You can find the addre on www.herend.hu