Reload this Page >

Want source for Kinder Uberraschung Candy Please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 07:58 AM
Tony

I've searched but can't find where to purchase these special candy eggs we brought back from Germany last year. Everyone loved the surprises inside (young and old alike).Allthough I've searched the net and made several phone calls, I've hit a dead-end looking for somewhere to buy another box or two of these wonderful surprises. In Germany, they were everywhere! Thanks for whatever help you can give me.

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 11:40 AM
Angela

They are all over Canada (don't know about the US) and are called Kinder Surprise here. The product is imported and marketed by Ferraro Roche (spelling is probably off!). They are really big in Canada - TV advertising, etc., so if you have to come here to get hem you will find them everywhere - drug stores, grocery stores. Try contactng the company (US or Canada) to find out which stores in your area carry the product. Good luck - I know how great they are, someone just gave one out to everyone in the office - we had adults putting together the surprises and playing on each other's desks! <BR>

Old Nov 30th, 1998, 11:48 AM
Tony

<BR>Thank you. I'll try right away. I know we're talking about the same product; the adults I gave them to last Christmas had the same reaction. I just discovered a site on the internet, but it is written in German and I still haven't figured it out. Your response is what I was hoping for. Many thanks.

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 05:09 AM
Tony

Angela, I still haven't made contact with the right place/person to get the candy eggs. Do you have a name of a store that I can call and have kinder surprises shipped to me? Don't worry about a phone number, I'll find that for myself. Sorry to be the squeeky wheel, but I really want these for Christmas stockings, and I keep running into a brick wall at the places I call. Thanks. <BR>

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 06:20 AM
Angela

I was in Wal-Mart last night and they had them, don't know if you will have much luck with Wal-Mart. Have you tried looking at any grocery websites that might sell candy - if they have them they would ship them to you. Also, Alta Vista has a translation site - don't remember the path. But they can translate most sites (don't know if they do German). I did try looking the company name up here in Canada, but didn't have any luck. Let me know how you make out.

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 06:56 AM
Angela

Tony!!!! I have tracked down the company in the US for you: <BR> <BR>Ferrero, (732) 764-9300 <BR> <BR>They are based in New Jersey. If you have any problems the Canadian office is Ferrero Canada (416) 590-0775 (they were the ones who gave me their US counterpart). <BR>

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 12:08 PM
tony

Angela, I talked to Ferrero Canada. What delightful people. They referred me to Ferrero USA. What unhelpful people. Apparently the Kinder product line is not available in the USA and they were annoyed that I would contact them. After much persistence on my part they gave me the # for Ferrero in UK. Tomorrow I will attempt to get someone there who will ship the eggs to me. Can you believe one person is having so much trouble spending $$. It's a strange situation for me to be in for sure. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if the story has a happy ending. <BR>

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 01:11 PM
Ron

Tony, go to this web site to find out why you can't buy them in the states - your government won't let you. <BR> <BR>http://www.kidsource.com/kidsource/c...pr.recall.html

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 01:43 PM
kris

Hi Tony. I thought we were the only ones hunting for these eggs. The US government apparently thinks that US children are dumber than European children and will swallow the stuff inside. I think my husband has a source here in the US-I've gotten them as stocking stuffers in past years. I'll check with him tonight and get back to you. <BR> <BR>The other place to look is German delis if you have any in your area. There are several in Chicago that have had them on occasion but they are illegal to import. <BR> <BR>The Canadian ones are actually different than the ones you get in Germany; they don't have a series of collectible figures in them, but it doesn't sound like you want those anyways.

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 02:14 PM
Glenn

Tony, I am also a great fan of the kinder eggs. I have never gone to the trouble that you are experiencing looking for the eggs here in the US. I already expected that the government would be against having them sold here. I would have to say that we are stupid here compared to the people in Europe. If something happens to us, even though it is our own fault we can sue the maker and almost always win too. I remember Disney launched a product like the kinder eggs a year ago and they were quickly removed, for child saftey reasons. My wife and I brought back 2 trays of kinder eggs on our last trip this summer. I just beg my sister in Berlin to send me some whenever she gets a chance. I just lucked out and found a German deli that started to sell Milka Chocolate bars in my area. I guess I will have to happy with this for now !! <BR>Good Luck in your search, please post the final results. Glenn

Old Dec 1st, 1998, 02:17 PM
Glenn

Tony, I am also a great fan of the kinder eggs. I have never gone to the trouble that you are experiencing looking for the eggs here in the US. I already expected that the government would be against having them sold here. I would have to say that we are stupid here compared to the people in Europe. If something happens to us, even though it is our own fault we can sue the maker and almost always win too. I remember Disney launched a product like the kinder eggs a year ago and they were quickly removed, for child saftey reasons. My wife and I brought back 2 trays of kinder eggs on our last trip this summer. I just beg my sister in Berlin to send me some whenever she gets a chance. I just lucked out and found a German deli that started to sell Milka Chocolate bars in my area. I guess I will have to happy with this for now !! <BR>Good Luck in your search, please post the final results. Glenn

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 05:45 AM
Kris

It took awhile to find the business card for our Kinder egg source but here it is <BR> <BR>D. Blake Werts <BR>2117-G Diamond Creek Circle <BR>Charlotte, NC 28273 <BR>(704)672-3168 <BR>[email protected] <BR> <BR>My husband got some from him last year for my Christmas stocking so we haven't gotten any recently or at least none that I know of! Hope this helps!