Booking Florence Museum Tickets

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to book my tickets to Florence's Galleria Accademia and the Uffizi for September 27. However, both booking processes asked me for a time, which kind of through me for a loop.

I want to attend the Galleria Accademia first since it's close to my hotel, but if I book it for 9 am, how long will I spend there before heading to the Uffizi?

I know you can spend all day at both museums, but generally my wife and I would like to see the major sites at the Galleria Accademia (David, etc.) before heading to the Uffizi.

Would 9 am at the Galleria Accademia and noon at the Uffizi suffice?

Thanks for any help
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 03:34 PM

Your timing sounds fine. Many would be done with the Accademia in an hour since they concentrate just on David. One woul dbe hard pressed to spend all day at the Accademia--it is much smaller than the Uffizi.
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 04:12 PM

Hi

We booked a timeslot for last June online for the Uffizi Gallery. We were a bit surprised that we still had to queue for 30 minutes to get in! It was far worse for people without a booking. So booking is mandatory. TIP: Even though you printed off a ticket at the time of booking you need to redeem it at the ticket booth. I'm trying to remember where it is but if you're facing the queue/entrance head right across the street/walkway. You'll find it easy enough. I never read any mention of this requirement and it was fortunate that a tour guide waiting in line pointed this out to us.
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 04:41 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
It depends on how much of the Accademia you want to see. There are rooms of music instruments, sculptures in addition to David. Also there are several upper floors, but those might not interest you.

I would go to the Accademia later in the day as it's usually less crowded. I've always gone later (after lunch) and never had to wait more than five minutes without reservations.
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 04:52 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
I recently spent about an hour at L'Accademia visiting "David." Then only a few hours at the Uffizi as it was very warm inside, some a/c but not all rooms.
Why don't you book 9:00am at L'Accademia and 11:00 for the Uffizi if you wish to see them one after the other. I booked them farther apart to allow for lunch on my last visit.