Advance tickets for Florence museums?

Sep 12th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Advance tickets for Florence museums?

We'll be in Florence in November. I've been doing lots of reading on this site (thanks!). What's the easiest way to get advance tickets for the big museums? We have 2 kids and would hate to have them get cranky on line and not enjoy the museum.
Sep 12th, 2005, 08:21 AM

Call them at 011-39-055-294-883 to book both the Uffizi and the Accademia. They speak English. There is a small fee that you pay when you get there, much less than using a separate agency.
Sep 12th, 2005, 08:28 AM

I agree. We called direct and had no problem for the Accademia. And we got the first slot, skipped the rest of the museum and had three to five minutes by ourself staring up at David.

The Uffizi for me wasn't quite as critical for reservations but depending on how much time you have it might be a good idea. The first time we went we didn't have reservations and waited maybe 5 minutes. This last time we didn't go but the line did look considerably longer throughout the afternoon as we walked past.

Maybe some of the folks here can give you tips on when to go to the Uffizi to avoid the lines.
Sep 16th, 2005, 06:58 AM

check www.virtualuffizi.com and the Tickets Online section for reservations

have fun !!
Sep 16th, 2005, 10:11 AM

e-mail your hotel and they will make the reservations for you. Easiest and cheapest way. They're more than happy to do it.