Walking tours in Paris

Jan 13th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Deb

Walking tours in Paris

I noticed on another thread that someone mentioned guided tours offered in London. Are there similar tours offered in Paris? I'd appreciate any info on where I could find out more data on walking tours in major European cities. I travel on business, but rarely see much of the cities, since I have limited time and never seem to be able to master public transportation or the language barriers. I'd love to find some English speaking guided tours in the major cities like Paris, London, Rome, Amsterdam, etc.

Jan 13th, 2002, 11:54 AM
JB

I've used this company in London a few times and they're great. Have never used them (yet) in Paris but am planning to give them a go while I'm there next month. I believe the site also gives links to walks in other major cities. Enjoy!

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ParisWalking/

Jan 13th, 2002, 12:09 PM
ellen

I had good luck with Enjoy Rome.

Jan 13th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Michelle

I'm going to check out one of these walking tours next time. But I was also wondering if anyone has info on if cities like Paris have double-decker tour buses? I went on an overview tour of Edinburgh a few years ago where I could hop on and off the bus and found it a great way to see the city in limited time. I'd love to find similar bus tours in other areas.

Jan 13th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Jen

We use Paris Walking Tours - see www.pariswalkingtours.com. They're informal - you meet them at the appointed meeting place, and go on a tour! Lots of fun! Their schedule changes month to month, so you can catch different tours.

Jan 14th, 2002, 01:01 AM
Melissa

I wanted to second the vote for www.pariswalkingtours.com. They were also VERY reasonable, and worth every franc!!