Walking tours in Florence?

Mar 7th, 2001, 11:18 PM
Lisa B

Walking tours in Florence?

Is there such a thing as a walking tour in Florence, and if so, can anyone who has taken it recommend it? I took a charming, small group walking tour in Kilkenny, Ireland and it was so wonderful. Florence is much, much bigger, and I don't want to be caught in a mammoth size group where you can't hear what the guide is saying. Thanks for the feedback.

Mar 8th, 2001, 12:02 AM
Melissa

Lisa, when my sister & I stayed at the Hotel Pendini, we asked for a walking tour and the front desk made arrangements for us. It was just the 2 of us, and a transplanted American named Carol took us on the tour. Exceptionally interesting, plus it was personalized. I'll check with my sister to see if she has Carol's business card, and have her post to this thread.

Mar 8th, 2001, 05:41 AM
elaine

I haven't taken one but you can look for information on walking tours
www.enjoyflorence.it

Mar 8th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Lisa B

Melissa and Elaine, thank you both for your replies. I will check out the website Elaine recommends, and Melissa, I will look forward to checking back to see if your sister can post the info. regarding Carol for us.

Mar 8th, 2001, 11:59 AM
liz

Lisa, try contacting www.christinastour.com she is a regular on this board and has helped me out personally answering lots of questions! I don't see walking tours listed on her site, but she will adapt to your needs I think. Have fun!