Reload this Page >

Wales in Late May

Search

Wales in Late May

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 08:05 AM
JT Gold

Wales in Late May

My husband and I are planning an anniversary trip to Wales in late May. We'll have about 5 days there, (plus two in London). Please share your top Welsh site/town to visit, top place to sleep, top place to dine and top travel tip for visiting this area, along w/why they're your faves. Thanks much!

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Tony

I personally prefer North Wales. Best central location to stay is Betws-y-coed. Best place to stay in Betws-y-coed is Tan y foel guest house, a beautifully furnished country house with outstanding food. They have a web site you can check out which has various itineraries on it to tour North Wales. The castles and each of the towns are quite interesting. Don't miss Bodnant Gardens. They are quite beautiful and interesting.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 09:22 AM
JOdy

If you can , pick up the April/May issue of In Britain magazine . They havve a great article on the glorious food of southern Wales. 2 of the place they mention we've experienced, Gliffaes country House Hotel and the walnut Tree restaurant, both superior.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 04:24 PM
janis

I second Tony's suggestion. Tan y Foel is superb!

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 04:35 PM
xxx3

We got a huge kick out of Hay-on-Wye, the town where every commercial space, even the movie theater, has been converted into a bookstore.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Martha

JT -<BR>I spent a couple of days in mid-Wales at Aberdyfi a couple of years ago. It's on the coast - and is a beautiful seaside resort town. I stayed at the Penhelig Arms, which is a 12-room hotel (all rooms with seaview and baths, I believe) with a great restaurant/pub. Locals from the whole region come there to eat. The town is on the coastal train line - which offers a great ride up the coast, through Harlech (don't miss the castle). A thoroughly enjoyable time.<BR>Martha<BR>