Search

VRBO #44863

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VRBO #44863

Has anyone stayed at VRBO #44863, in Paris?

http://www.vrbo.com/44863

The site lacks details, but if anyone has stayed there, feedback would be great!

thanks!
Laurie
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 04:00 PM

Have not stayed there but the area is pretty well located, and there is an elevator and double glazed windows. The description is a but lacking but since the owners are in the States (presuming you are as well) you could just call them and ask:
address
size (square footage)
closest metro
Price seems pretty reasonable.
Let us know what you find out.
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 04:13 PM

I'd also ask them about the bed -- is that a real mattress or a futon of some kind?

I'd also ask for pictures of the bathroom or at least a description -- full tub with shower? Is there a shower curtain or glass door?

Will the owner accept USD as payment and if so, what's the rate?

I'd also ask for some reviews or references if possible -- there isn't a single comment in the guestbook although the apt has been listed since 2004. That might just mean the owners don't use the guest book option -- they may not need to if they have many repeat visitors. But they also don't seem to use their calendar either -- it's totally empty.

I'd ask them about several different weeks as options -- if they're all available, I would pass this up.
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 04:24 PM

Did you check out the site parisbestlodge.com ?? I rented with them last year and they are great. Their places are also in great locations.
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 04:33 PM

Laurie, like fishee, I'd ask to see more photographs. It's odd--if you click on "See my other listings," you'll see the same person is offering an apartment near Place des Vosges (#79965). He has oodles of photos on that listing.

Anselm
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 06:37 AM

Why don't you call and ask him, I stayed in his other rental and found him great to deal with. I don't know of his photo skills, but where I stayed it was much better than the photos. I think that he is a relative of the owners, because it says the owners live in the same building, this was also the case with the other one. It was nice having the owner there, the owners pride showed in the apartment. His transactions are really simple and easy.