Reload this Page >

Volga boat-couple

Search

Volga boat-couple

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 05:22 AM
Al

Volga boat-couple

My wife and I plan to go between St. Petersburg and Moscow via riverboat. Wonder if others have made this trip and what advice they have for us. What to see, what were the high spots, what to skip. Many thanks.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Marc David Miller

You can start by looking at the other messages in "Russia" area of this board--lots of good information, some of which is from people who have taken this route.<BR>

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 08:31 AM
rudy

Al,<BR><BR>We're taking this trip in May. What cruise line are you on?

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Al

Rudy:<BR><BR>Going with Uniworld. Because of time ashore, not day-trips from a cruise liner with shore time measured in hours.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Doo yoo have

the whole trip. The dirge of that volga boat song would drive me crazy in just a day or two!<BR><BR>doo doo DOO dooooooooooo<BR>doo doo doo DOO dooooooooooo<BR>

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 01:57 PM
rudy

Al,<BR><BR>We're traveling with Viking River Cruises, which offers about the same as Uniworld. For our first trip to Russia, I think it's a good way to travel. We're going in May. If you haven't traveled by then, I'll write back to give you lots of good (hopefully) information.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 03:23 PM
Al

Rudy:<BR>Many thanks for the offer of your comments. One of our daughters is going with Viking because Uniworld was filled during her vacation time in July. Have had good reports on Viking.

Old May 15th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Barbara

We are also going with Uniworld in September. And we absolutely love the riverboat cruises. We've taken Grand Circle's Amsterdam to Vienna route and in France from Nice up through to Paris.<BR>The R. Cruises are very relaxing. They've been educational, entertaining and we like the fact that we only have to hang the clothes once. We're not getting on and off busses daily and staying in different hotels every night.<BR>In saying that, I have done both and will continue to do both. It just depends on itinerary and where I want to go. <BR>

Old May 18th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Dolores

Barbara,<BR><BR>When in Sept. are you traveling with Uniworld? We're on the Tolstoy, St. Petersburg/Moscow, Sept. 14.<BR><BR>Dolores

Old May 20th, 2002, 11:49 AM
mark

I'm interested in a cruise (or just river transportation) between Moscow and St. Petersburg, also. Does anyone know the cost, how long it takes, if it is possible to take a cruise between the two cities and stay one or two nights on board? I'll be there in August.