Reload this Page >

Viznau to Mt. Pilatus

Search

Viznau to Mt. Pilatus

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Lesley

Viznau to Mt. Pilatus

We are going to Luzerne in July .One full day we want to spend at Mt. Pilatus. How hard it is it get there from Viznau? Both Kriens and Viznau are so small I can't find them on the map I am using. The hotel I found in Viznau for Sheraton points is on the lake in Viznau. I am not sure I should take it because the address says 30 minutes from Luzerne<BR>Thank you.

Old May 18th, 2002, 08:45 AM
robbie

There is a boat that goes around Lake Lucerne. It stops at Vitznau and at the place where you board the cog rail up to Pilatus. Try this website:<BR>www.lakelucerne.ch/indexen.htm

Old May 18th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Ingo

Lesley,<BR><BR>you did not tell us the name of your hotel in Vitznau, but I am sure it is a good choice. Vitznau is a nice village east of Lucerne. Kriens is a suburb of Lucerne.<BR><BR>I recommend to do a boat trip from Vitznau to Lucerne. From there you should do the Pilatus round trip:<BR><BR>boat to Alpnachstad<BR>funicular to Mt. Pilatus<BR>cable car and gondola to Kriens<BR>bus back to Lucerne<BR><BR>I did this fantastic trip a couple of years ago and will do it again someday.<BR><BR>For a map go to:<BR>www.viamichelin.com<BR>type in "Vitznau" and a map with Lake Lucerne and Vitznau will appear (spelling!)

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:41 AM
Tina

Hello~<BR><BR>Vitznau is beautiful! We actually just returned a week ago from Weggis which is a small lakeside resort 3 miles down from Vitznau. The views are spectacular and the resort seems very nice. We like Weggis as opposed to Lucerne because it was more quiet and the lake/mountain view hotels more reasonable.<BR><BR>We also did Mt. Pilatus (except we had clouds/no view on that day) but it was still beautiful! We took the boat to Alpanstad (sp???) to Pilatus. Boat runs regular to luzern as well. It was a very relaxing way to travel.<BR><BR>Looking forward to our next trip!!

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Lesley

Thank you for the info about the boat to Alpnachstad. We are staying at the Arabella in Vitznau. Has anyone been there or know anything about it?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:15 PM
BillyB

We just stayed last weekend in Weggis, only 3 miles on the lake road from Vitznau. A couple of observations...<BR><BR>There is heavy road construction in Luzern - avoid the "fast" road thru the city if you can. The cutoff road to Weggis/Vitznau is good and very scenic. Weggis is on the sunny south side of Lake Luzern and the mountain/lake setting is spectacular. Stayed at the Hotel Beau Rivage with a fine lake view of Mt Pilatus. Frienndly staff with a good restaurant and very proper clientelle. These are small towns on a big lake, expect a sea of humanity in July.