visa information

Search

visa information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2023, 08:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
visa information

We will be arriving in Istanbul on a cruise ship and will be going direct to the airport for a flight back to Australia do we need to get a visa ? thank you.
Old Jul 16th, 2023, 01:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It will depend on which passport you are travelling on. If you have an Australian passport, check under either Dept Foreign Affairs (Aust) or the Australian Embassy in Turkey. As you are entering Turkey, even though you are headed straight to the airport, I think that would be classed as entering the country. It's not the same as being in transit at the airport.
Old Jul 16th, 2023, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

thank yiu
Old Jul 16th, 2023, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

thank you
Old Jul 16th, 2023, 04:43 AM

Hi there,

No, you do not need to get a visa if you are arriving in Istanbul on a cruise ship and will be going direct to the airport for a flight back to Australia. You will be considered a transit passenger, and transit passengers are exempt from the visa requirement. However, you will need to have a valid passport and a valid onward ticket.

Here are the requirements for transit passengers in Turkey:
  • You must have a valid passport for at least 6 months beyond your intended stay in Turkey.
  • You must have a valid onward ticket to your next destination.
  • You must not have a criminal record.
  • You must not be a threat to national security.
If you meet all of these requirements, you can transit through Turkey without a visa.

I hope this helps with your question.

Best.
Old Aug 14th, 2023, 09:33 PM

Hello KusadasiTurkey, does this apply everyone (including Indian passport holders?)
Is this info available at the Turkish government website? This would be so great if you can point me to the right direction.

My husband and I are having a roundtrip cruise trip starting in and ending in Istanbul, and originally we thought we'd have to get 2 visas for him. I saw this info on an older Rick Steves guidebook, but you're the second person I've seen mentioning it. Thanks!