Reload this Page >

Virgin Sale & Landmark

Search

Virgin Sale & Landmark

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 06:48 PM
John

Virgin Sale & Landmark

Any experience with Virgins "Upper Class" and "Premium Economy" service. I got an email about a sale for the holidays? Also any experince with the Landmark Hotel? Thanks

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Laurie

John<BR><BR>If I'm not mistaken Virgin only has 2 classes (vs 3 for most other carriers -coach, business &amp; lst class)so..when they first started their economy was better than others' coach &amp; their upper class was business class prices with 1st class service. I haven't used them for a while but I'm sure they're great. Don't know the Landmark.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 09:19 AM
John

The email says (in part):<BR><BR>&quot;Fly Upper Class, our exclusive business class, and relax with a massage from an in-flight masseuse, cocktails at our onboard bar and our fully reclining, ergonomic sleeper seat. Fly Premium Economy and enjoy priority check in, a separate cabin and a wider, comfy seat.&quot; Thanks for the reply.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 10:53 AM
janis

No - VS has three classes. Upper, Premium Economy and economy. Premium Economy has more room, express check in, and sometimes (mostly when they are running sales) access to the airport executive lounges. The fares are normall much more than normal econony but this winter they are running some great specials.<BR><BR>Virgin's service is terrific no matter which class of travel - but their regular coach seats are some of the most cramped of any major transatlantic carrier. if the fare is good enough, the extra space in Premium Economy would be a real PLUS.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 11:06 AM
anon

john<BR>what about a clue to where the hotel is!! For instance I can tell you about the Landmark in Bangkok but this is the wrong forum!

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 06:53 PM
John

Sorry, did not realize that question submitted under UK show up in &quot;Europe&quot;. Therefore I mistakenly ass-u-me-d the reference on both questions was to London.<BR><BR>The Landmark London Hotel<BR>222 Marylebone Road<BR>City London <BR>Country United Kingdom <BR>Zip NW1 6JQ <BR><BR>My apoligies<BR>

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Surlok

John, I haven't stayed at the Landmark, but two friends of mine had, many times. They are both European, she is British lady, he is Austrian, ( they don't know each other), and both made the highest remarks on the Landmark. They say it's a beautifull hotel, with large and luxurious rooms, an unique, magnificent lobby, at a not so desirable location, although not bad at all.<BR><BR>I hope it helps.<BR><BR>S

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 11:56 PM
fiona

John<BR>I apologise if you already know this! Click the word hotel at the top of the page- that takes you to hotel reviews page and London is in the first section. The Landmark has great reviews and a very high rating.