Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic Package Deals - Any Good? ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 11:05 AM
A

Planning a budget trip to London/Paris in October. Wondering if the Virgin Package is worth it - thought they were a well respected company. Booked a package through American Express last March to Paris and was very dissapointed (hotel dirty & out of the way, car was not there to bring us to our hotel, etc) any thoughts a big help - thanks.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Thyra

Do you happen to know what hotels they are offering?? Tell us the name and most likely someone here will know of it. <BR>I can say that as an airline, Virgin is my favorite... nice service, nice little TV screens in coach.. we have never been dissapointed with them as an airline.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 01:02 PM
A

They offer quite a few hotels from low end to high - I was thinking low to mid range. London hotel is called Victoria Park Plaza near Trafalgar Square and Paris hotel is the Castiglione....

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Linda

I went on a air/hotel package with Virgin last November. Hotel was good, not great, in a good location near the British Museum, exactly what we expected for the price we paid. The transportation they provided from airport to hotel and back was right on time. Flight was great, considering we rode in the "cattle car" section of the plane. Thought the package was good value for money and would do it again.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 06:30 PM
Virginia

Haveyou looked at the packages at eleventhhourvacations.com? They look good to me and I plan to take one. Many of them seem to be available farther out (i.e. not just "11th hour"). <BR>I understand their offerings have been praised in articles in the national press.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Andy

Virgin Atlantic is the only airline I use to London- they are gracious and go out of their way to help you on their planes--try to get a bulkhead seat in coach---Let us know which hotels you want to use in London and we'll let you know how great they are-

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 10:42 AM
amanda

A - <BR>My sis and I did a Virgin Atlantic package last March and thought it was great value. Super flights, hotel fine - mid price range (Plaza on Hyde Park - great location). The little extras were nice, too. Would definitely do it again.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 03:55 PM
Sherry

Four of us booked a London/Paris vacation last year through Virgin and LOVED it. It was a great value. We went in March (a bit off-season?) and added an extra night each in London and Paris. <BR> <BR>We thought our hotel accommodations were pretty good, although the rooms in London were pretty small (had to wedge your legs under the bathroom sink to use the "loo." -- Our Paris hotel was fantastic -- right across the street from Gare St. Lazare (RER and Metro). <BR> <BR>I highly recommend their vacations and can't wait to fly Virgin again. For flying coach, it was the best service I've EVER had and I'm a pretty frequent flier. Have fun!

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:34 AM
Dennis

I used Virgin Air with hotel package in June. I was very pleased with the hotel accommodation, transfers, and free breakfast included with our hotel for the price (low end price package). Prices go up after June 15 departures (high season). During the summer I would definitely consider a hotel with AC. It can get warm and humid in London.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 11:53 AM
Virginia

No idea about the Virgin package tours, plan to go look at them myself--but--I have discovered that I can put together the duplicate of a London Package offered at eleventhhourvacations, for less money (for exact same trip), by finding a cheap airfare (Orbitz, cheaptickets, cosmopolitantours) & booking the hotel through hoteldiscounts.com.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Larisa

Just booked the London Thanksgiving special as advertized on the Lowestfare.com. For the price as stated. I usually consider packages more costly then reserving separately, but this one looks irresistible for the money. However, the agent told me that Virgin has to confirm within 24 hours, it is more than 50, and he haven't called back, neither he returns my messages. The calls directly to Lowesfare.com were also fruitless. <BR>Now I am in the indefinite state, and although it looks great, I am afraid it's some scam.