Reload this Page >

Cyclades v. Peloponnese

Search

Cyclades v. Peloponnese

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Michelle

Cyclades v. Peloponnese

Here's my dilemma: am spending about a week and a half in Greece in September. I don't think this will be enough time to visit and fully enjoy both the Cycladic islands AND the Peloponnese. So, which should I do? I've been to Greece once before and visited Samos, Aegina and Crete. On this visit I'm definitely spending two or three days in Athens. If I do the islands I was thinking of three- Sifnos, Santorini and ? Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Parag

Naxos is good.Think about Folegandros.I was in Greece in April 2001 for 2 weeks.Peloponnese is lovely.Napflio is the prettiest town in Greece.Monemvasia & Mystra are finest Byzentine towns.If you can get the best of both;i.e.mainland & cyclades ,it will be a perfect blend.Spend 7 days in Peloponnese & 3 days in Santorini.Santorini is out of the world & usually excells your expectations.Best luck.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:50 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Given 10 days I would fly to Santorini for 3 nites and then back to Athens. Get a car and spend 4 days in the Pelop. <BR>hitting the Nafplio and Olympia areas. <BR>We did this 3 years ago and it worked well. The flights are not expensive, and Santorini is the best of the Cyclades. Good luck !