Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

VIRGIN AIR(NEWARK TO GATWICK)ANY COMMENTS?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 1998, 06:29 PM
RICHARD

Has anyone had any experience with Vigin Air from Newark to London-Gatwick? Any comments would be appreciated - good or bad. Thanks!

Old Apr 13th, 1998, 11:02 AM
Becky

One of the best flight experiences I've had crossing the Atlantic! Go for it. Take train from Gatwick to Victoria Station....easy as pie.

Old Apr 13th, 1998, 04:25 PM
Valerie

I agree it is a good airline and I have flown into Gatwick. Look for signs in the airport for the "Gatwick Express" that takes you by train into central London in 45 mins. You can buy the tickets out of a machine right behind the long "queue" of people waiting to buy theirs from the person at the ticket counter. Have fun!

Old Apr 14th, 1998, 08:52 PM
Susan

I also agree. I did it, in reverse, in September.Simple. clean. easy.

Old May 31st, 1998, 05:46 PM
Jane Davis

We will not be travelling from Newark but from Orlando to Gatwick but just wondered how the comfort and roominess of seats are in tourist class. We are looking forward to the trip but have heard that the seats are not as comfortable as some of the other airlines. I have been on Aer Lingus and BA and NONE of them are the greatest when you are a "plus-sized" person to put it bluntly!! Thanks