Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Vincent House London Residence -- feedback?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone here have experience with / feedback about the Vincent House London Residence?

I need 5 nights in London in mid-September: one person, good desk/Wifi, private bath, central-ish location. This seems to tick the boxes, the price is in my range ($135/night inclusive of tax) and the photos look a bit more polished/comfortable than an LSE dorm.

I'm a bit worried that it is too good to be true....
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 09:17 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I haven't stayed there but know the neighborhood and I'd jump on it for that price.

Booking.com reviews are very good (I don't pay much attention to TA reviews -- Booking reviews can only be posted by actual guests)
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I *thought* I had seen good comments about Vincent House a couple of years ago here -- and yes, I rarely trust Trip Advisor reviews! Booking.com (and this forum) are my "go to" for Europe.

Done and dusted, though in the interim the price has gone up to $150/night inclusive. Still excellent.

This is the first week of a five-week trip to the UK, as yet unplanned. For three weeks I hope to do a Penelope Keith Villages like wander around the UK with a rental car. I will post a separate thread on that, asking Fodorites about their favorite villages!
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 12:35 PM

It is a nice area . . I lived nearby for a while. There is a great Pub nearby as well:

https://www.churchillarmskensington....m_content=P021
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 02:34 PM

My sister stayed at Vincent House last month and was extremely happy with the whole experience. Nothing fancy, but a good room with a decent enough breakfast, plus excellent location just minutes from the Tube station. I believe she booked on booking.com and paid the equivalent of $150/night. The two of us are looking to stay there when we’re in London next May...

Rich, another vote for the Churchill Arms, my sis went there a couple of evenings 👍
Old Jul 29th, 2019, 09:36 PM

I've seen this place, but have not been in. Great area, I know it very well.
Other good pubs nearby are the Prince Edward, The Windsor Castle, The Hillgate; a bit more off the beaten path. And the Prince Bonaparte; excellent food.
Old Jul 31st, 2019, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all. I've now booked five nights starting Sept 16. I do hope I've found a new "go to" place in London, as I like to spend several days each time I'm in the UK. My old "go to" hotels are, alas, no longer in the $150/n price range.

Now, if only I could find a small self-catering studio or 1 BR flat in that range for my two week stay later this year.....

On now to planning my two week "villages ramble" by car.
Old Jul 31st, 2019, 07:58 AM

I've never been inside, but in the same general area; Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments Official website
I have often passed this, looks good on the outside, good area and prices seem very reasonable.
Old Jul 31st, 2019, 02:20 PM

>>Now, if only I could find a small self-catering studio or 1 BR flat in that range for my two week stay later this year....<<

BarbWire, take a look at Vancouver Studios about five minutes from Bayswater Tube station. These are serviced apartments/studios and we’ve stayed at their three bedroom garden apartment a couple of years back. They also have small studios with a kitchen area for around GBP100, you may want to check this out.

Studio Rooms ? Vancouver Hotel and Studios