Villa Rosa, Positano

Old May 9th, 2000, 11:29 PM
Daniel

Villa Rosa, Positano

Any experiences? We are booked there in September. Have seen Karen Brown's site description, but would love to hear more. Any dining suggestions in Positano? (From casual to elegant...) Day trips? Walks?

Old May 10th, 2000, 04:45 PM
kam

I know it's across from the Sirenuse so well located and if you search here under Positano, someone has mentioned it fairly recently. Dine at Buca di Bacco for dinner and there used to be a restaurant called "Tre Sorelle" on the beach for lunch. If you want to splurge, have dinner at the San Pietro just south of town.

Old May 10th, 2000, 06:33 PM
Robin

Good choice, Daniel. I stayed there last year after seeing it listed in Karen Brown's 'Bed & Breakfast in Italy' and was pleased with the accommadations. Had stayed at La Fenice on a prior visit, but it was all booked up.

Old May 10th, 2000, 06:47 PM
Robin

Daniel:

It's me again (Robin) - checked my journal and when I was in Positano last year (April 99), I stayed in room 12. It overlooks the street, but since it's a couple stories up you have a lovely view of the Mediterranean and the town.
Villa Rosa is directly across the street from Le Sirenuse; one evening we walked across and had drinks in their lounge --- get on the elevator and go down to pool level (?) if memory serves me. During happy hour, they had a 3 piece band playing and it was a delightful way to pass the time until dinner. Didn't dine there, altho if their food is up to the rest of the hotel's standards, I'd imagine it's wonderful.
Can suggest a restaurant called "Valle dei Mulina". Didn't write down the address, but I think it's off of one of the main roads in town. I'm sure they can provide directions at Villa Rosa.

Also, another place I've eaten (but this was my first visit to Positano, Oct '97) was a restaurant called "Bruno's" --- a small place, but the veal was fresh and mouth-watering.

Old Jun 22nd, 2000, 10:47 AM
Micio

It's an ok place. I've never stayed but took a tour of the rooms. Just ok. The rooms are located about 25 feet above the only (and very busy) street in Positano. The view from your terrace (old terrace) is really nice, but the noise of the traffic becomes a problem. For the same, or slightly less $, I'd stay at CAsa Teresa. A B&B, family run 6 room place, built into an old villa. So quaint, like living with an italian family! I've stayed there 4 times, have seen many many other similar priced places, and there is NO COMPARISON. Great views, flowers galore, peace, relaxation, etc... Email Pino at [email protected]
Rooms are about 80-100$/night (for 2 peple) including breakfast and tax.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 02:42 AM
topper

topping for Helen

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:20 AM
Vincenzo

Dear Daniel,
Two dining suggestions: one elegant and one casual:
Donna Rosa (elegant) at Montepertuso, a small village on the hill.
It is closed on Monday and at Tuesday for lunch.
The casual is 'O Capurale.
Do you like to walk ? Really ?
All right. By the bus Flavio Gioia go to Montepertuso, (yes, the same village on the hill where is the restaurant Donna Rosa ). Montepertuso is at 451 metres on the sea. From Montepertuso take for Colle di Lare and go on toward Il Mandrino. Now you are at 566 metres on the sea. View is unforgettable both sides: sea and inner hills. Go on toward Caserma Forestale at 767 metres on the sea. You'll dream with open eyes: it seems you are in the Heaven.
Please, every step slow and often stop. It is a walk and a day trip too.
You'll thank me if you like to walk and to look at the finest views of Italy, otherwise . . . you don't thank me.
have a nice trip.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 07:37 AM
Sue

We stayed at Villa Rosa last May and heartily agree with all the compliments it received from above posters; and re noise: don't remember street noise, but we were there before high season, and you will be there after. I wouldn't hesitate to book there again; loved it!