Notices

Villa (Hotel) Rufolo Ravello, Italy

Old Mar 9th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villa (Hotel) Rufolo Ravello, Italy

My wife and I will be going to the Amalfi Coast in late April.We are staying in Positano for 3 days (Hotel Pasitea) and then plan on going to Ravello for 2 days.Villa (Hotel) Rufolo looks and sounds terrific but is definately on the upper end of our budget(350US) per night. However ..hey it's vacation,we want to go to the Ravello Concerts 1 night and they're RIGHT next door. Choice two is to stay at BW Hotel Marmorata.. half the price..still a beatiful place..but 3 miles outside of town..and kinda by itself. We have a car..but I'm not sure I want to drive at night. My question..Don't I need to stay IN Ravello to appreciate the day/night. (You know what I mean..it's different when your right there) Plus at Hotel Rufolo..half board is required..don't I want to dine at the beatiful restaurants in Ravello. PLEASE HELP..I need to book SOON and know there's someone out there that can guide me.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 06:26 AM
GAC

Have you considered the budget hotels in Ravello: Hotel Toro and Hotel Villa Amore? Both are good, and within walking distance of the Villa Rufolo and its summer concerts. The Toro has a website. It is not far from Ravello's main square. Villa Amore is uphill and more secluded, towards the Villa Cimbrone, a 10-15 minutes walk which can be exquisite on a balmy summer night.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Original Poster

Thank you...I have checked out the website for Hotel Toro (107E for double B&B) and emailed a reservation request. Our trip is the end of April..the Ravello Concert website shows that concerts are playing at that time. Hope the weather cooperates. Have you stayed at the Toro?
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 08:06 AM
GAC

I have not stayed at the Toro, nor at Villa Amore, though I have walked past both, and would not hesitate to stay overnight at either property. Toro is also near the Hotel Palumbo, one of the top hotels in town.

You can't go wrong in Ravello, just about anywhere you stay.

BTW, the foot path from the main square of town, past the Villa Rufolo, Hotel Rufolo, and Hotel Villa Maria, to Villa Cimbrone (which takes you by the steps to Villa Amore), is ravishing.
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:02 PM
J9

We stayed at the Villa Cimbrone in May 2004 when it was still undergoing renovations. It wasn't noisy, just unattractive. The rooms are really nice and the staff couldn't have made us feel more welcome. We got engaged in the gardens near midnight when no one else was around. The best part of staying there is having the gardens to yourself before and after hours. It was amazing to walk the gardens alone.