Reload this Page >

Villa Franca Hotel in Positano

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Erica

Hello just wondering if anyone has ever stayed at the Villa Franca Residence in Positano. I attempted a reservation at the Villa Franca Hotel in June and have been told that the dates are booked, but there is availability at the Villa Franca residence 50 meters from the hotel. Anyone have any suggestions? I tried to find a link for this on their website to no avail. I am a little worried to say okay without any info. Please reply

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 01:37 AM
celine

Erica, <BR>My fiance and I are staying at the Villa Franca during our honeymoon this July...I haven't heard of the Villa Franca residence either, but think you should try a search here (within Italy) and see what you come up with. If you don't come up with anything, ask the residence for their website address (if you have their tel #) or call the Villa Franca Hotel for information on the residence. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 11:57 AM
faye

We also will be staying at the Villa Franca in July. They were booked in the main villa, but had room in the residence. I was told it has the same 4 star standards as the main villa. We booked with them, but I requested to be on a waitlist for the main villa. <BR> <BR>I will also be checking for responses, since I too am a bit concern with the quality of the residence.

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 01:26 PM
celine

Hi Ladies, <BR>I'm going to look into this again...since you've gotten me wondering. My travel agent booked our reservation in October (I think), so I assume we're in the 'main villa'...I'll check it out and get back to you. She seems to know more about this hotel than I have found on the internet, so I'll also ask her about the 'residence' and will advise further when I hear back from her...until later...

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 02:33 AM
celine

Erica / Faye, <BR>Just to let you know, I haven't heard back from my travel agent, but will hopefully have an answer sometime this week....hang on...

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 04:37 AM
faye

I did get a response from a travel consultant that said the residence or annex would be fine. However, she never stayed at the Villa Franca. So I am somewhat reassured. <BR> <BR>Celine, did you hear anything from yours?

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 04:36 AM
faye

Celine, <BR>Any word back from your travel agent on the residence?

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 11:54 AM
arlene

Hi, <BR>I too am interested in Villa Franca for June. I have been trying to reach them on the phone for the past few days and no luck. Also, sent an email and fax...any suggestions? I would guess from what everyone has been saying we'll probably be out of luck for the hotel too so I am also VERY interested in what anyone finds out about the Residence. That is if I even get offered that...I'm very concerned that we will have difficulties with reservations everywhere. Please e-mail me if you have any further advice

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 12:48 PM
Faye

Arlene, <BR>Keep trying! I also had problems connecting with them. I faxed and emailed my requests. They did finally respond to my emails, and we were able to make our reservations. <BR> <BR>Good luck!

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 11:28 AM
faye

Celine, <BR>Any word from your travel agent yet regarding the annex or residence? <BR> <BR>Any feedback from anyone else?

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 06:34 AM
celine

Hi everyone. Sorry you haven't heard back from me recently...I'm at home with the flu now! I did hear back from my agent last week, who verified that we're booked at the main hotel. She didn't seem to know about the residence, however. I know the Villa Franca Hotel has a website (www.villafrancahote.it), so I would think that there should be something about the residence somewhere (if they are connected to each other), but I haven't found it yet either. I was concerned about this, since we're paying 550,000 lire a night (for four nights) which will be the ending to our honeymoon, so I wanted to be sure we're going to be getting what I'm seeing on their website. If I hear anything further, I'll be sure to let you know. Good luck to each of you and enjoy your trips.