Villa for kids in Tuscany or Lake Como

Old Jun 26th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villa for kids in Tuscany or Lake Como

Hello, I am planning a trip to Italy in summer 2007 for my family and some friends. We have 3 kids between us, all under 3. We are looking at renting a villa in Tuscany or the Lake Como area and I would very much value any ideas or suggestions from anyone that's done the same recently. We are just getting started with the planning and so any comments will be much appreciated! Grazie...
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 11:38 AM

Spend time at www.slowtrav.com
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 01:07 PM

Hi- We are renting a villa in Assisi which is in Umbria. It seems like a good base for day trips to Tuscany & Umbria. We are traveling with a two year old in a few months. We are staying through our timeshare. It's called the Carpediem Assisi Living Club. I am not sure if they have villas they may rent out to non-timesahre owners or not...
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Bob, Thanks googie.

Slowtrav is great.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 07:15 AM

Hello - we are going this August to Tuscany and will be staying in a place called Rosolaccio, near San Gimignano. It looks really good and the reviews are also good, although I haven't been there before ..... They also have a pool.
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 04:33 AM

I'm not sure what kind of thing you're looking for, so this may or may not be interesting...

Friends of ours own and rent (when they're not using it themselves) a remodelled old farmhouse a little north of Menaggio, in the village or Soriano, on Lake Como. The view is one of the best anywhere on the lake - you can see a sample on http://www.beginningwithi.com/italy/.../lake_como.htm

The house is large, with a fenced yard that includes a swing set for kids. However, it's not luxury accomodation - no pool, and you have to walk the last half-kilometer from parking up to the house, on a real old-fashioned cobblestone village path.

We've spent many pleasant weekends (and longer) there at all seasons of the year; even though we ourselves now live on Lake Como (in Lecco), we never miss the chance to go up there and enjoy incredible views and relaxation.

Rental information is on http://www.vrbo.com/54115

best regards,
Deirdré Straughan

beginningwithi.com (personal)
www.tvblob.com (work)
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:27 AM

We are planning a trip for 3/2007 and have rented a villa in tuscany through parker villas. So far they have been great to deal with. We have 6 adults and 5 kids going and the monte cristo villa sounded great for kids. Good luck. If anyone has ever stayed at this villa, I would love to hear some feedback about it and the area, and accessibility to rome and florence. Good luck.