Villa D'Este to airport

Search

Villa D'Este to airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Villa D'Este to airport

We will be staying at the Villa D'Este for 3 nights in early July. Our flight back to NY leaves Milan Malpensa at 1030 am. Any idea what our best option is to get to the airport?
I am even considering trying to either change our flight to later on in the day (not sure if possible) or even staying another night in Milan itself to be closer to the airport.
Staying at Villa D'Este has been a dream of mine, and I want to spend as much time there as possible!
Thanks!
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Doble_Vergasser

I have never done it but hiring a car for the route to Malpensa is supposed to be about 150 euro. That E150, split 3 ways should nor be too painful.

I hope to have lunch there some day. The photos of the central hall are really impressive. Enjoy your stay.

Old Mar 12th, 2006, 01:37 PM

I've stayed at the Villa d'Este several times; I'm sure you will enjoy it. However, traffic on the highway between Como and Milan/Malpensa can be terrible, especially in the summer. Without any traffic at all, the drive between the Villa and Malpensa is around 45 minutes. Once, my husband and I were caught in a traffic jam and it took almost 3 hours to get to Milan. That wasn't very early in the morning however. Since you need to be at the airport by 8:30, I would leave the hotel by 7 am and you should be fine, missing the heart of the morning rush hour.
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your quick response!
Since you have stayed there, do you mind if I ask a semi-silly question.
If we have to leave at 7am, will we be able to have breakfast before we leave? I have been looking so forward to my breakfast on the veranda.
Thanks again
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 01:47 PM

I don't believe they serve breakfast before 7, but I don't think it's going to matter too much if you check out a little before 7 and then take 10 or 15 minutes to eat one last quick breakfast on the veranda.