Villa Borghese Ticket Confusion

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see the cost of the tickets plus the reservation fee to be 8.50 euro plus a 2.00 euro reservation fee; I see that on this site:
http://www.galleriaborghese.it/borghese/en/einfo.htm

When I click through to actually purchase tickets however I see the price go up to a total of 13.00 euro. That process starts here:
http://www.ticketeria.it/ticketeria/...azioni-eng.asp

I'm not too concerned about the price but the difference makes me feel like I am not getting the tickets from the best source.

Anyone know what leads to the price difference?
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 02:49 PM

This shows 13 € as the price befroe doing anything else

http://www.ticketeria.it/ticketeria/...ission-ing.asp

It might be if you go in person to the gallery you get the 10.50 price but pre-booking thru ticketeria gives the higher price
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM

I've always booked on the Borghese web site and picked up and paid for the tickets when I got there. A friend booked and paid for his tickets ahead through some other web site and then found out the Borghese was closed that day so had the hassle of getting a refund.

If you chose to pickup tickets at the museum then arrive about 1/2 hour ahead of your scheduled time.
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

I think you're right Avalon. Just seemed odd.
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 12:58 PM

I am not finding the way to make the reservation only without paying now. The only option I find is to book and pay now. What am I missing?

Thanks
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 01:35 PM

I just got back from Rome. I booked my ticket online. The full price is €13 when you pick up your ticket at the site, the €8.50 is for EU citizens.

On a side note, if you buy a Roma Pass, it will give you free admission to 2 museums and 50% off other museums, plus free bus and metro transportation. It costs €20.

When I picked up my reserved ticket, I used my Roma Pass and therefore got in free. Worthwhile investment if you plan to go to two places, such as Borghese Galleria and Colisseum, for example.
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 02:14 PM

Hi...just checked out the Roma Pass and am planning on using for at least the Borghese and Colluseum. I don't know how much public trans we'll use but having it as an option for free is great.

Question...I can't figure out how to make my reservation without having to pre pay...knowing we will have the free pass to use when we pick up tickets.

Thanks!
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 02:29 PM

Try this link; it has an option to "reserve" or to "buy":

http://www.ticketeria.it/ticketeria/...azioni-eng.asp
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 10:17 AM

I too am confused by the reservation system for the Borghese. I have gone to the Ticketeria link several times and am still unsuccessful. I am getting stymied at (what I believe) is the part where you put in your name for the reservation. Everytime I hit enter it comes back as an error and the information is in Italian so I don't understand. Can anyone help?
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 11:07 AM

Just tried. No problem using the site to reserve tickets. 13.5€ per person, and you just go pay at the Gallery.
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 06:31 PM

I was never able to make my reservation online. It would only allow me to pre pay and since we wanted to use the Roma Pass for the Borghese...that wasn't going to work for me. Anyway...I called our hotel prior to leaving for Italy and had the concierge make the reservation for us. I purchased the Roma Passes at the Borghese and we were all set.