Vilamoura or Albufeira

Mar 25th, 2000, 08:16 AM
Pierrette

Vilamoura or Albufeira

Going to Algarve in early June and we have a choice of Vilamoura or Albufeira. Can anyone suggest a preference?

Pierrette

Apr 4th, 2000, 12:32 PM
Carole

We just returned from Algarve where we spent 8 weeks in Albufeira area. I like it there because it is central to all the other towns in Algarve. You can rent a car and drive to anywhere in Algarve. There are lots of restaurants and bars for your enjoyment too. We have never been there in June but I understand it gets pretty busy in summer. We prefer to be there during the winter. Enjoy Portugal - we do!!

Apr 4th, 2000, 02:55 PM
julie

Just returned from the Algarve..we stayed at Villamoura...both towns are about the same, altho if you enjoy golf, Villamora is best I think. Also, the marina and ocean are very accessable. I'd go for the best deal, as these towns are not too far apart anyway.

May 3rd, 2000, 07:00 PM
Gida

I agree with Carole, Albufeira you could get around by foot, but they are pretty close to each other that a renting a car and doing the whole southern coast is a great choice too! Each town has it's own unique charm. Take lots film, even the sunsets(off centered of course)are unique!