Reload this Page >

Vietri sul Mare, Italy

Search

Vietri sul Mare, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 07:49 AM
anne

Vietri sul Mare, Italy

We'll be spending a week in Vietri this summer - would like lodging, restaurant, sightseeing info for Vietri and area. <BR>I see Monica has been there - looking forward to hearing from you about it <BR>Thanks

Old Feb 24th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Monica

Hi Anne, <BR> <BR>Not sure if I'm the Monica you are about, but will just say that Vietri and the whole Amalfi coast is beautiful! Be prepared with an empty duffle bag for some wonderful ceramics! I can never buy enough. Also, pick up some Limoncello, which is a delicious lemon liquor, a specialty of the area. <BR> <BR>The only recommendation I can give to you is the restaurant my husband, his cousin and wife, and I dined in was in a little area called Nerano. It's south of Amalfi on the beach. You can read about it on my travel page at http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/home.html The food was very good and we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the area. You do have to go down a windy, curvy road to get there. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 07:43 AM
Anne

To the top for more <BR>Thanks Monica - it's the Anne you know

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Diane

Hi Anne -- Steve and I will be sure to get you info when we get back at the end of May. We're staying 3 nights in Maiori and day-tripping the area.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 08:02 AM
anne

Thanks, Diane - <BR>Sounds like we DC folks are heading the same way.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 10:27 AM
steve

Vietri sul mare gets my vote as the only UGLY town on the Amalfi drive. <BR>Except for its being covered by ceramic tiles, it is really an ugly place. Every other town is enchanting and beautiful, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, and all the other little towns in between. I suggest you try a beautiful little hotel in Praiano called "Onda Verde". It made our vacation! <BR>URL - http://www.ondaverde.it/hotelim.htm

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 11:45 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Sorry Anne but I agree with Steve. It is worth about 2 hours of good shopping time but you need to be further down the coast for the real sights.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 01:20 PM
anne

I'll be attending a music workshop there, so that's why I am researching this particular town. We'll be sure to enjoy the surrounding area while there!

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Monica

Hey Anne, <BR> <BR>Would you be interested in meeting us other DC/MD/VA Fodorites? I usually get everyone together once a month or so. Next luncheon is at the end of March! Email me directly if interested. <BR> <BR>