Vienna on a weekend

Search

Vienna on a weekend

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2023, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vienna on a weekend

I did post some questions and got some answers on another thread, but thought perhaps a new one now may be less confusing for everyone.

We will be in Vienna mid-Sept from mid-day-Friday to early morning Tuesday when we fly home.

Is the city usually much more crowded due to events and visitors on a weekend? Any special suggestions of what to do on a weekend? We do plan to visit the Schonenburg Palace,especially the gardens, which I see are open on weekends. Possibly a performance at the Spanish Riding School on Saturday. We'd also be up for walks and visiting small towns and wineries if public transportation could be used.

Please tell me about any special places you've discovered that we may not find on our own. Prefer outdoor things to visiting museums and being inside too much. Not interested in shopping, but an outstanding restaurant to conclude our trip would be appreciated.
Old Jun 5th, 2023, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Anyone have any suggestions of what to do for a weekend in Austria or vicinity?
Old Jun 5th, 2023, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Oops, sorry, I meant Vienna.
Old Jun 5th, 2023, 05:22 PM

I am sorry you haven't had too many responses yet! I would definitely do a tourist attraction or a museum on the weekends because shops will be closed on a Sunday, except some of the museum shops and in the train stations. You should definitely do the Imperial Apartments in the Hofburg and the grand hall of the Austrian National Library. They are more or less part of the same campus. I can also recommend to you the Melker Stiftskeller for dinner one night. I'm not too good on the restaurants and cafés, we usually self-cater when we travel. But I can also recommend you try Café Central and also consider eating dinner at a Heuriger one night.

Good luck!

Lavandula
Old Jun 5th, 2023, 09:23 PM

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
See the Vienna Boys Choir? They are performing at Sunday masses in addition to concerts in September in Vienna.

https://www.wsk.at/dates&termine_land_id=1183726170159