Search

VIENNA LODGING

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 09:44 AM
bob

VIENNA LODGING

We will be in Vienna on Dec 23, 24. We are wanting to stay close to the Rathausplatz to view the Christmas market stalls. We're from CA. Does anybody have advice on lodging? [3 star or higher?] Thank you.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Linda

The one I would recommend is not close to the Rathaus but about 5 minutes from Stephensplatz. There are Christmas market stalls all the way from Stephensplatz to the Rathaus so you can enjoy the ambiance and gluewien. You can ride the U-Bahn near there and the streetcars are just out front of the Rathaus. I love the Advent Calendar in the windows. I stayed at Hotelpension Arenberg, which is part of the Best Western chain so have discounts but with posh Vienna feel. It is in a nice neighborhood and close to the U-Bahn and the Air Terminal, where the buses arrive from the airport. It is a 4*.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:07 PM
Patsy

I have stayed in the Hotel Royal, just steps from St. Stephens and the U-bahn entrance. It is at the center of the Inner Ring and easy walking to everything. There are some wonderful pensions close by, also and are very nice with lovely views. More info? you are welcome to email me. Patsy

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Travel Girl

Don't use Priceline.com, that's for sure.<BR><BR>I "bid" $80/night for a *** hotel in Vienna and they booked me in a $60/night hotel and refused to refund the difference.<BR><BR>major rip off!

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 05:42 PM
Sue

Hi,<BR><BR>We stayed at a delightful 4star hotel near the Rathausplatz. Hotel Josefshof We were there three years ago and the web site I have for the hotel is www.josefshof.co.at/josefshof/ I can not remember what we paid, but I am pretty sure it was under $200. Have fun.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 06:05 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Bob We have used the <BR>hotel MAILBERGERHOF, Annagasse, 7 which is a four star with 35 rooms and found<BR>it excellant. It is located two blocks<BR>down from the Oper on the Kartnerstrasse<BR>and about ten min. walk to the Rathaus<BR>Platz..We were able to go to the market<BR>one year and enjoyed it very much...<BR>PS there is a pretty good ristorante,<BR>the Weiner Rathauskeller in the basement<BR>of the Rathaus.. Have a good trip.<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il...