Reload this Page >

victoria inn, belgrave road, london

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 07:00 PM
sarah

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Is it in a safe area for a single woman?

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Jim Rosenberg

Yes, it's a very safe area in Westminster and not far from Victoria Station. This is an area of very similar-looking bed & breakfast/small hotels that is reasonable and you can walk to Big Ben, the Thames, etc. We checked out the Victoria specifically and found it to be just fine. London hotels tend to be pricey -- this is a decent value for the money, but certainly not luxury digs by any stretch. We would return.

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Ben Haines

Please can anyone tell me of a hotel area in Lonfdon that is not safe ?<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 08:21 PM
janis

Unfortunately yes, Ben. Kings Cross. It is too dodgy for most folks. There are some "OK" properties near Kings Cross but it is too easy for the uninitiated to get into the wrong streets.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:11 PM
Maira

My sister & I stayed at the Victoria Inn. Very safe. Email me for details, if need be.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:35 PM
Ben Haines

For Janis. I cycle the front of Kings Cross several times a week. It is seedy: is it unsafe ? And is there a hotel there, now that the Great Northen has closed ?<BR><BR>If the unitiated may get into the wrong streets (and as you see I doubt that there are wrong streets) then how do the boring hotels, the Royal Scot, London Ryan, and Mount Pleasant, keep open ? I mean, if people are getting mugged and robbed all the time, does not somebody notice ?<BR><BR>Ben Haines