Viator tours?

Old May 7th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viator tours?

I am seeing this in a lot of European cities--owned by Trip advisor. Anyone ever used this tour agency??
Old May 7th, 2015, 09:33 AM

it is not a tour agency, it is a listing site just like Booking.com or VRBO.com etc
Old May 7th, 2015, 09:37 AM

Yes, a few times. I have no complaints about any of my experiences with them.

Viator uses local tour guides and travel services. Some people will say that you can get a better deal by going directly to the local outfit. Maybe so, but sorting out who's the best in a market I'm unfamiliar with, or even reputable, is not on my list of travel-planning priorities.
Old May 7th, 2015, 09:42 AM

Should have added...
Like with TA do not believe the reviews.

http://www.viator.com/about/work-wit...ed-tour-guides

Viator's private tour guide website, tourguides.viator.com, offers an advanced booking service for qualified, local guides worldwide. Guides can leverage our sophisticated website to list their tours, license, photos, availability and payment details. Viator's private tour guide website offers advanced tools including real customer reviews, SMS booking notification, 100% online booking functions and more - making it easy for guides to generate bookings from travelers around the globe.

https://www.viator.com/terms-and-conditions
Private Tour Guides

33 Viator provides customers with information regarding Private Tour Guides in many destinations. Private tour guides are independent contractors and not agents or affiliates of Viator.
34 Customers are responsible for working directly with private tour guides on scheduling, meeting time / place, tour specifics and, where specifically noted, payment terms. Viator makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding private tour guides or their services.
35 By booking a private tour guide, customers acknowledge and agree that, in addition to Viator's standard Terms and Conditions, neither Viator nor its agents are liable for any accidents, losses, injuries, damages, delays, expenses due to any action or inaction on the part of the guide or his/her services.
36 Viator's 'Worry-Free Shore Excursion' guarantee does not apply to private tour guides.

It pays to read the small print.
Old May 7th, 2015, 09:46 AM

>> it is a listing site just like Booking.com or VRBO.com etc
Old May 7th, 2015, 10:02 AM

Be aware that viator puts tour guides on their website without the guide's permission or knowledge. Personally, I wouldn't use them.
Old May 7th, 2015, 10:45 AM

I agree with Kathie.

I tried to use them last because the guide I picked out was in the Viatour list.

I wanted to communicate with the guide personally but they (Viatours) said I had to go through them.

I managed to track the guide down......he sent me his e-mail and I booked him privately and we had a ball.

He told me he tells Viatour not to put him on the list.!!!
Old May 7th, 2015, 10:47 AM

oops should be " tried to use them last year"
Old May 7th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

thanks!
Old May 7th, 2015, 02:27 PM

I used them for a cooking class in Florence but usually figure out which tour they are using in the ads and book direct. A Wicklow tour I want to take to Avoca was listed but found the tour's site and booked directly with them.
Old Jul 10th, 2015, 05:35 AM

How do you go about figuring out which tour they use and how much of a savings is there? Viator/Traveltoe seems to have every tour I want to do.