Verdi B&B Brugge - Beware

May 30th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Original Poster

Verdi B&B Brugge - Beware

This was the worst experience Ive ever had in a restaurant or B&B! The owner is VERY rude. We could not believe it. We ordered hot wafles in his tearoom and they were cold, the butter did not melt on them. So we asked very politely to warm them up in the kitchen. The owner YELLED on us that this was not true. His wafles were always hot (as though he could clearly see that the butter did not melt) and he pushed away my poor mother from her plate, took all our plates, threw them on his tray and went away. He then sent a waiter who had to bring us the check and tell us to leave the tearoom. We could not believe what was happening to us. Sure we did not pay anything and left. Some people in front of the house noticed that we were very upset and spoke to us. They told us they had a very similar experience with this man at his B&B which is above the tearoom. They regreted it immensly to have booked a room at the Verdi B&B and were trying to find another room. Absolutely stay away from this tearoom and B&B on Vlamingstraat 5 (at the corner of the Market Place)!!!
May 30th, 2006, 12:11 AM

Why post the same twice????? One is enough! Cool down!!!!
May 30th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Original Poster

I did not mean to post this twice. Sorry!
May 30th, 2006, 04:05 AM

My children have a policy never to send food back to the kitchen.

Eat it or leave.

I guess they're concerned what they'd do to your food in the kitchen.
May 30th, 2006, 05:44 AM

As well they should be concerned, Myer. (In another life, I used to work in a place that had cockroaches. I'll stop there.)