Venice to Chioggia

Jan 18th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Venice to Chioggia

Does anyone know about how much boat rides are to Chioggia and how often they depart? Thanks!
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:15 PM

I don't know how much it cost, because I had a weekly vaporetto pass, but the route I took was vaporetto to the Lido, bus down to the ferry and across to Pellestrina (staying on bus) then on to Chioggia via another vaporetto.

Everything is timed to coincide, so the ferry waits for the bus, as does the vaporetto. It is not an unpleasant journey, and you get to see a bit more of the lagoon and the sea defences.
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:17 PM

Isn't there vaporetto service direct from Venice to Chioggia? Maybe not but seems i saw that once.
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:24 PM

There doesn't seem to be direct vaporetto service between Venice and Chioggia. I just tried it on www.actv.it from a number of the more popular stops in Venice, and it kept telling me there is no service between the selected stops.

There is only the No. 31 line, which serves Chioggia and Pellestrina.
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:29 PM

Willit's route is the only one I've ever heard of involving the vaporetto.
Jan 18th, 2006, 01:58 PM

Excursion boats run from Chioggia to Venezia, but leave Chioggia in the morning and return from Venezia in the afternoon (www.raffaellonavigazione.it).
ACTV's route via the Lido and Pellestrina runs at least every hour, is an interesting journey and is a great bargain as it's covered by an ACTV pass.
Chioggia is an interesting town with some good fish restaurants and has few tourists, so makes a change from Venezia.