We would like to spend 4 or 5 nights convenient to Venice to take in the art galleries, churches mainly. We have been here twice before so have done the tourist stuff. It would be nice, obviously if we could be in Venice itself (a lot seems to be booked up already!); we did stay in Stra on the River Brenta basically half way between Venice and Padua previously about 6 years ago and that was relatively convenient to take a local bus into Venice; Mestre is a possibility - any other suggestions ?
We do like a nice hotel room but with the pound down with brexit we have to watch our pennies!! Max Spend preferably would be about £100, almost parity with the Euro these days!
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TOSHIBA PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 installations CONTACTTOSHIBA Techh care
- 2 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 3 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 4 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 5 Advise Needed
- 6 10 days in europe
- 7 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 8 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 9 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 10 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 11 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 12 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 land vs river cruise
- 15 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 16 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 17 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 18 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 19 Scotland ideas
- 20 Tips for first trip to UK
- 21 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 22 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 23 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 24 The World's Greatest Churches
- 25 Malaga Christmas lights
Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.