venice/rome accomodations

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 12:06 PM
carol

venice/rome accomodations

I'll be visting venice and rome in June. I have a number of accomodations in mind for 3 star hotels in both places and would like some feedback from those who hae stayed there: convenience? price for a double? Overall impressions? The places I'm looking at in Venice are: La Residenza, Pension Accademia, Panada & Hotel Cassiano. In Rome: The Hotel King, Hotel Gregoriana, Hotel Riva.
Would appreciate any information.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 12:21 PM
RichardAB

Sorry, but I have to recommend the Hotel Due Torri near the Piazza Navona in Rome. Its a nice small hotel with a friendly staff, quiet rooms, modern baths and the best location in Rome!

I have pics of it on my websight plus a lot of other info about Rome including tips and restaurants. Check it out!

The sight isn't completely finished but the Rome section is.

http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/

Follow the path;

Enter>Fly>Europe>Rome

Let me know what you think.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 02:18 PM
kal

Carol, We stayed at the Panada in Sept. of last year. Nice place. Just a short walk to the Piazza. You can hear the bells.

Staff spoke better English than did Italian. Good breakfast. Nice little bar. CNN cable TV.Free use of the internet on the computer in the lobby. I think we paid around $150/night.
www.hotelpanada.com

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 06:57 PM
xxx

RichardAB

It's site. Web site. Not sight.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 07:46 PM
Matt

Carol,

It's probably not three star but man it was nice. Second floor gets the vaulted ceilings, wroght iron, and terracotta floors. Hotel Panda. www.hotelpanda.it?
right next to Spanish Steps on Via Del Corso.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 08:00 PM
Matt

Carol,
Website for panda was www.webeco.it/hotelpanda
and it's the bottom front that you want, not the 2nd floor. sorry

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 04:51 AM
Anne

Agree - Duo Torri is fab. Stayed there in Oct. Ask for a 5th floor room - they have terraces with tables and chairs - you can see out over the city. Just great.

Old Feb 11th, 2001, 01:17 PM
carol

Matt: Do you mean Hotel PANADA (not Panda) in Venice?

Anne and Richard: What do you think a double would run at the Hotel Duo Torri?

Richard: I'm looking forward to checking out your web site. Thanks.
Carol

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Lisa

Carol -
Has anyone replied in regards to the Hotel La Residenze in Veince? I too am staying there next month and am trying to find out more about it.. I heard good and bad things..
LISA